Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
Over a week ago Cosmo got his new amp and he still hasn't got back to us about the sound...He must be too busy listening  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Did he get it or did he get a number of the amp he will get when they are released?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(29-Dec-2015, 11:19)NickB Wrote: Did he get it or did he get a number of the amp he will get when they are released?

As far as I know the first units shipped just before Xmas. Mind you that was for the UK, it's possible that other parts of the world received theirs earlier.

I'm hoping to test one (albeit briefly) in the coming days and will post my impressions on here.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi folks.

I spoke today with the german importer and he mentioned that the D900's should be delivered to german customers before the end of January (unfortunately he did not mention the year...).

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
I listened to the O d'A yesterday for a while. The speakers were Magico S1 and Martin Logan.
My personal preference is for the Magico and they sounded fabulous and I love the colour of the O d'A.

There are 3 reasons why I did not order one when announced, firstly we were not living at home due to extensive/expensive building work, secondly 800 > 900 watts seemed to be a pointless step with 109dB/watt speakers and thirdly I use both remote controls on my system, which started off as two D-Premiers and when buying master/companion one only gets one.

Stupidly enough it was the last of these which made the most difference to my decision...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

A quick update for those interested:

We have had a pair of Original D'Atelier running for a few days now with all sorts of speakers (Kef Ref 3, Sonus Faber Olympica 2, Magico S1 through to Martin Logan Ethos/Montis) and we are all stunned here (as you can probably tell from all the speakers that we've been playing with). We had our 800 set up on the day that the Atelier arrived and we were able to quickly swap over to the O d'A and, blimey, the difference is immediate. It reminds me of when Jon first sat me down in front of the D-Premier in dual mono, I had honestly not heard anything like it before. Is it an upgrade to the 800? In my humble opinion, definitely.

Alasdair
(09-Jan-2016, 13:26)oxfordaudio Wrote: A quick update for those interested:

We have had a pair of Original D'Atelier running for a few days now with all sorts of speakers (Kef Ref 3, Sonus Faber Olympica 2, Magico S1 through to Martin Logan Ethos/Montis) and we are all stunned here (as you can probably tell from all the speakers that we've been playing with). We had our 800 set up on the day that the Atelier arrived and we were able to quickly swap  over to the O d'A and, blimey, the difference is immediate. It reminds me of when Jon first sat me down in front of the D-Premier in dual mono, I had honestly not heard anything like it before. Is it an upgrade to the 800? In my humble opinion, definitely.

Alasdair

Looks like you're having fun Alasdair!   How long will you have the Original D'Atelier in the shop?  Or is it a case of it being there until some one stumps up the cash to buy it, it is obviously a very rare thing?  Anyway, stop messing around with those little speakers and get the Blades in, you might destroy that demo room yet.
A few pictures of my new toy!

Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(09-Jan-2016, 16:15)IanG-UK Wrote: A few pictures of my new toy!

Looking good Ian , wonder if AIR is more stable :-) part joking and part serious
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Lovely to see Mr Pernot's sign-off on those, He's always a pleasure when he's come to our events in the past!

Confused, We've got an 800 and an O d'A in the store. I am dying for the store to be empty enough for me to try the Blades with Bi-Amped-Dual Monos! Unfortunately there is a speaker demo on at the moment and the PMC Fact12's will be in my way and I expect Jon will be SELFLESSLY taking them home over the weekend to get them run in for Wednesday!

Alasdair