Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
Very, very nice!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Jealous!! Mind sharing which model of the aq power cord it came with? How good of a pairing is aq with the d?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(09-Jan-2016, 16:33)Womaz Wrote:
(09-Jan-2016, 16:15)IanG-UK Wrote: A few pictures of my new toy!

Looking good Ian , wonder if AIR is more stable :-) part joking and part serious

Thanks - well I did solve AIR with Guillaume's help and advice from an occasional poster on here - simply by disconnecting the internet (having tried lots of other approaches too) and the new model seems to be ok using this format too!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
[attachment=822 Wrote:warpeon pid='32206' dateline='1452354907']Jealous!! Mind sharing which model of the aq power cord it came with? How good of a pairing is aq with the d?

It comes with two Audioquest NRG power cables; one Audioquest Carbon RCA/RCA master/companion link; one Audioquest Sydney cable which I guess is the trigger connection. I've not used any of these as my existing cables are somewhat plumbed in and I decided not to experiment.

The Od'A comes with firmware 9.0.1 pre-installed so I am using that for the first time too, having previously stuck with 7.1.3 and an old config file.

I'm resisting commenting on sound quality in view of the largely inaccessible nature of the changes, given that the Od'A is pretty well sold out. It is to be hoped that new 800s get some, if not all, of the changes and that equivalent retrofits are made available to existing owners who want them. This is, in my view, implied in Devialet's non-obsolescence promise made some time ago, though clearly there may be some practical limitations.

Devialet have not committed to this as far as I know, though I imagine the new A and D boards will go into new 800s at some point. I imagine the thermal management changes and the integrated power supply changes might drip down but might not but I would hope all will become clear by the time of the Munich show.

.pdf   icg.devialet13.limitededition.pdf (Size: 19.29 KB / Downloads: 154)

For those who have not seen it here is the Devialet release on the Od'A.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Wow! Congrats Ian!

(09-Jan-2016, 17:59)IanG-UK Wrote:
(09-Jan-2016, 16:55)warpeon Wrote: Jealous!! Mind sharing which model of the aq power cord it came with? How good of a pairing is aq with the d?

It comes with two Audioquest NRG power cables; one Audioquest Carbon RCA/RCA master/companion link; one Audioquest Sydney cable which I guess is the trigger connection. I've not used any of these as my existing cables are somewhat plumbed in and I decided not to experiment.

The Od'A comes with firmware 9.0.1 pre-installed so I am using that for the first time too, having previously stuck with 7.1.3 and an old config file.

I'm resisting commenting on sound quality in view of the largely inaccessible nature of the changes, given that the Od'A is pretty well sold out. It is to be hoped that new 800s get some, if not all, of the changes and that equivalent retrofits are made available to existing owners who want them. This is, in my view, implied in Devialet's non-obsolescence promise made some time ago, though clearly there may be some practical limitations.

Devialet have not committed to this as far as I know, though I imagine the new A and D boards will go into new 800s at some point. I imagine the thermal management changes and the integrated power supply changes might drip down but might not but I would hope all will become clear by the time of the Munich show.

For those who have not seen it here is the Devialet release on the Od'A.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

nice one Ian, very happy for you Big Grin
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Congrats IanG-UK - have a nice weekend

Sent by iPad

Wow Ian, that is terrific. Please do not let us know how they sound, we will only be jealous - only joking Big Grin.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Wow! Congratulations Ian! Good to know that there is at least one personal Original d'Atelier owner on this forum Cool  The amps look beautiful!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
It looks wonderful Ian! I hope it gives you much pleasure. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK