Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(21-Feb-2016, 14:44)Gentleman Wrote:
(20-Feb-2016, 18:43)octaviars Wrote: A foto from High End fair in Stockholm Sweden today.

Original d'Atelier with Magico Q5 and Kronos turntable.

Unbelievable, the speakers are still on the rollers..... Sad

Also I wonder why did they choose the Q5 if there is no SAM file available?

Concerning Devialets choice of AQ cables I believe they don't consider this as important. I spoke to their stuff several times now and every time they told me that the old-school knowhow of high-end is not important with Devialets......

@ Ian: compared to the power cables which come with a D800 the simple AQ are of much higher value and quality. A pair of the power cables they supply as standard does not even cost 5,- €....

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan

The rollers I dont no why they are left on.

Devialet and Magico have the same agent in Sweden so a Q5 I guess is what they had home.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Annoyingly I am now being told late March for delivery. I can see this so easily slipping into April now, what with Easter falling around then... 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-Feb-2016, 10:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: Annoyingly I am now being told late March for delivery. I can see this so easily slipping into April now, what with Easter falling around then... 

Guillaume

Well that's not cool :-(.
The way to look at the bottle as being half full is to imagine that they are busy tuning a very special and high end version for you Smile
(23-Feb-2016, 11:13)Our Wrote:
(23-Feb-2016, 10:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: Annoyingly I am now being told late March for delivery. I can see this so easily slipping into April now, what with Easter falling around then... 

Guillaume

Well that's not cool :-(.
The way to look at the bottle as being half full is to imagine that they are busy tuning a very special and high end version for you Smile

Yeah haha! The thing is I don't quite buy these delays. I have been told I will get number 56 or 57 and I know people that have 54 since December. Surely it doesn't take 3 months to produce 2 or 3 units? My guess is that they are waiting for parts or something.

Luckily the chap I have sold my 800 to is very flexible and happy to wait until mid-March for it. So I will be Devialet-less from then onwards...  Angry

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Yup, have seen 068/100 on display since December.

Bit odd since they ought to have ordered/received the parts for this limited production run at the same time/batch, unless the rejection rate was higher than expected.
Guillaume, just give us a head's up when your 800 is sold. We can't very much have you without an amplifier regardless of how long! Can I lend you a 200 until the ODA arrives?

I'll be at Bristol on Sunday if you happen to be going? If you're there we can have a chat and sort out the logistics to make anything that needs to be done as convenient as possible.

Alasdair

PS. I'm expecting 5 of these to arrive at once! They're heavy blighters as Ian can attest! There's a dealer day in early March, if they have not already arrived by then I will do my best to find out an accurate ETA.
(24-Feb-2016, 10:30)oxfordaudio Wrote: Guillaume, just give us a head's up when your 800 is sold. We can't very much have you without an amplifier regardless of how long! Can I lend you a 200 until the ODA arrives?

I'll be at Bristol on Sunday if you happen to be going? If you're there we can have a chat and sort out the logistics to make anything that needs to be done as convenient as possible.

Alasdair

PS. I'm expecting 5 of these to arrive at once! They're heavy blighters as Ian can attest! There's a dealer day in early March, if they have not already arrived by then I will do my best to find out an accurate ETA.

That's very kind of you Alasdair.

I'm not planning on going to Bristol but I'll give you a call to have a chat re logistics.

Yes would be good to get some reliable info re shipping dates, if that is at all possible. It does feel a little like deja vu (my original 500 order was delayed by a few months). I've already been in touch with Antoine who tells me that the assembly process for the O d'A is very time consuming unlike the other Experts... still I don't understand how some have already received their O d'As with higher serial numbers...

Guillaume

UK
Hi.

I asked whats wrong with the production of the OdA's and I was told that Devialet produces the second batch of units right now. They should be delivered soon....

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
(27-Feb-2016, 17:17)The Gentleman Wrote: Hi.

I asked whats wrong with the production of the OdA's and I was told that Devialet produces the second batch of units right now. They should be delivered soon....

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan

Super so mine should arrive next week then!

Guillaume

UK
This delay seems a bit odd to me. When I ordered my Od'A I was told 81 of the 97 were already spoken for so presumably ranked before mine in the order list. Yet I would have got mine just before Christmas had there not been a transit glitch. So why the reminder have take over two months more seems odd.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England