Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
@ GuillaumeB:::

The lower temperature you refer to, is that compared to the demo model of the OdA? Or compared to the 800?
A difference in temperature surely results in a different sound we've already found out.

And was the demo model from the first batch and your #63 from the second batch? That could indicate that there's a difference between the batches SQ-wise.

I just hope it needs some more burn-in and that it will sound even better then the demo.
But if not: could you swap your machine for the demo?
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(14-Apr-2016, 14:37)Cylob Wrote: @ GuillaumeB:::

The lower temperature you refer to, is that compared to the demo model of the OdA? Or compared to the 800?
A difference in temperature surely results in a different sound we've already found out.

And was the demo model from the first batch and your #63 from the second batch? That could indicate that there's a difference between the batches SQ-wise.

I just hope it needs some more burn-in and that it will sound even better then the demo.
But if not: could you swap your machine for the demo?

The temperatures are being compared to my 800, and also I am observing the temperatures drop as my unit is run in. Well I checked them quite a bit at first and then more recently - so 250/300 hours in.

I didn't pay that much attention to the temperatures of the loaner, sorry. Perhaps Oxford Audio can comment on this?

My impressions are that my unit is sounding more and more like the demo unit/loaner so I am quite positive now. I was a bit nervous at first such was the difference great. 

Yes my unit is from the 2nd batch. Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi,

What I notice with the Od'A until now is that turning DPM on and off seems to have a much limited impact on temperature variation compare to D400 and D800, only few degrees.

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
(14-Apr-2016, 14:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: My impressions are that my unit is sounding more and more like the demo unit/loaner so I am quite positive now. I was a bit nervous at first such was the difference great.

Ah good to hear that. Give it some more time and it will even sound better!
Cheers mate!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(14-Apr-2016, 17:12)Cylob Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 14:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: My impressions are that my unit is sounding more and more like the demo unit/loaner so I am quite positive now. I was a bit nervous at first such was the difference great.

Cheers mate!

Cheers to you too!  Smile

The truth is had I not had the demo unit for a good month I wouldn't have noticed this. OK I would have noticed the ongoing improvements but nothing as dramatic as this has been.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Apr-2016, 17:17)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 17:12)Cylob Wrote:

Cheers mate!

The truth is had I not had the demo unit for a good month I wouldn't have noticed this. OK I would have noticed the ongoing improvements but nothing as dramatic as this has been.

Guillaume
Hello Guillaume!

Is the unit still improving?

//Magnus
Original d’Atelier #64    MBL 101 E MKII    Focal Clear    McIntosh MHA 150    Phantom Gold x 2
roon
Sweden
(22-Apr-2016, 10:58)m4gnus Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 17:12)Cylob Wrote: Ah good to hear that. Give it some more time and it will even sound better!
Cheers mate!

Guillaume
Hello Guillaume!

//Magnus

Hi Magnus!

I think it's settled down now. I am now comfortably over the 500 hour mark.

How are you finding yours?

Guillaume

UK
(14-Apr-2016, 17:12)Cylob Wrote: Ah good to hear that. Give it some more time and it will even sound better!
Cheers mate!

Guillaume
Hello Guillaume!

//Magnus

Nice to se more people from Sweden,  I asume it was your system that Audioconcept had on their Facebookpage? Not many with MBL speakers so it stands out a bit.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(22-Apr-2016, 11:44)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 17:17)GuillaumeB Wrote: Cheers to you too!  Smile

Guillaume
Hello Guillaume!

//Magnus

Hi Magnus!

I think it's settled down now. I am now comfortably over the 500 hour mark.

How are you finding yours?

Guillaume
I am at around 200 hours and my impression is that they improved quickly. Now I don't recognize any difference from day to day. But I panicked the first hours after changing from D 800, the Master having been a demo. Then I found this thread and started to breathe through the nose again.  Smile 

All the best,

Magnus
Original d’Atelier #64    MBL 101 E MKII    Focal Clear    McIntosh MHA 150    Phantom Gold x 2
roon
Sweden
(22-Apr-2016, 12:02)octaviars Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 17:17)GuillaumeB Wrote: Cheers to you too!  Smile

Guillaume
Hello Guillaume!

//Magnus

Nice to se more people from Sweden,  I asume it was your system that Audioconcept had on their Facebookpage? Not many with MBL speakers so it stands out a bit.

I don't know, I don't use Facebook. But they did take pictures so it's very likely. Have to have a look!

Bästa hälsningar

//Magnus

Edit: My place. Any tips for the cables?
roon
Sweden