Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(30-Jun-2016, 10:15)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(30-Jun-2016, 09:53)Antoine Wrote: So they wrote "In the coming weeks, we look forward to offering you your first free upgrade with the release of the new Expert Pro line." but now you guys will have to wait 9 months or so for it to be implemented? ...unbelievable what a mess!

Yes that's the software update in July bringing the unit up to 1kW. I believe any reference to Q2 2017 must relate to the new streamer board.

It's possible that the O d'A already has most of the other goodies but we will hopefully know more once the new 1000 Pro is officially launched.

At this stage it's all conjecture until we hear it from the horse's mouth (I have heard different versions from allegedly good sources).

Guillaume

My apologies, this (what Devialet announced) being the software update indeed makes perfect sense.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
It is perfectly fine to have the upgrade only next year, this way I have more time with the Od'A at its original specification and I would better appreciate the improvement the hardware upgrade makes. Please always take it with a pinch of salt with whats coming from the grapevine. And don't get too worked up with everything Devialet Big Grin
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Heart 
The new original d'Atelier is winging it's way Down Under, and my husband Pim is so excited, he's like a little kid.  I must say that after nursing me back to health and building our new house, he so deserve what he has  waited so long for.  Just please don't play Marilyn Manson, and don't forget to finish the house.  Heart Heart Heart
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(09-Jul-2016, 11:25)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The new original d'Atelier is winging it's way Down Under, and my husband Pim is so excited, he's like a little kid.  I must say that after nursing me back to health and building our new house, he so deserve what he has  waited so long for.  Just please don't play Marilyn Manson, and don't forget to finish the house.  Heart Heart Heart

That's my dear wife above BTW. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Congratulations Mr and Mrs Vliet on the newest addition to your family Smile
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(09-Jul-2016, 11:58)tategoi Wrote: Congratulations Mr and Mrs Vliet on the newest addition to your family Smile

Thank you very much! I never thought I could get so exited about twins... except for adult Swedish ones...
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(09-Jul-2016, 12:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-Jul-2016, 11:58)tategoi Wrote: Congratulations Mr and Mrs Vliet on the newest addition to your family Smile

Thank you very much! I never thought I could get so exited about twins... except for adult Swedish ones...

Sincere congratulations to you both!
Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(09-Jul-2016, 15:48)Axel Wrote:
(09-Jul-2016, 12:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

Alex.

Thanks Alex. And thanks for emailing the review. That makes me even more eager to get to hear them....they haven't even left Germany yet and I'm a little worried that I'll be back to work for 4 weeks just before they arrive. So it could easily be 5 weeks from now before I even get to see and hear them.  Sad
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(09-Jul-2016, 16:36)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-Jul-2016, 15:48)Axel Wrote:
(09-Jul-2016, 12:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Thank you very much! I never thought I could get so exited about twins... except for adult Swedish ones...

Alex.

Thanks Alex. And thanks for emailing the review. That makes me even more eager to get to hear them....they haven't even left Germany yet and I'm a little worried that I'll be back to work for 4 weeks just before they arrive. So it could easily be 5 weeks from now before I even get to see and hear them.  Sad
5 weeks?  I believe the D1200 Pro Plus is being announced in 5 weeks ........ Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(09-Jul-2016, 17:21)Confused Wrote:
(09-Jul-2016, 16:36)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-Jul-2016, 15:48)Axel Wrote: Sincere congratulations to you both!
Alex.

5 weeks?  I believe the D1200 Pro Plus is being announced in 5 weeks ........ Sad
I'm not getting on the upgrade marry go round. I'll wait for the D2000 Pro Plus Extra Super Bonus next Christmas.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.