Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(23-Jul-2016, 08:26)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(23-Jul-2016, 07:38)raker Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 19:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: I honestly cannot fault Qobuz desktop + AIR 3, it is utterly superb. 

Spent another day streaming music in this way.  Big Grin

Guillaume

Updated to firmware 10.0.2 as well, and I'm finding in my system that the sound has become more liquid and "analog".  The results depend on the system, I guess.  My Devialets still showing 900 W in 6 ohms.  Can't seem to find the option to change this to 1,000 W.  Could anyone help?  R. Aker
Power settings are in the configurator
I've been all over the configurator, but I cannot find the specific option to change the power setting to 1,000 W!  Maybe I'm blind or stupid!  Could someone point me in the specific direction in the configurator?  Many thanks in advance!  R. Aker
I'm guessing it's in the speaker settings - at the bottom of the many settings there's an option for power output level.
Rufus:

Thanks, found it.

R. Aker
Can anyone answer this question?

In anticipation of going home and installing my O d'A I have made up a new config. Because at the time I did the config, version 10.0.2 had just come out so I decided to go for the latest straight away. But after reading some of the comments on V10 I'm inclined to have a listen to V9 for a while first.
My question is; can I still have the 1000W setting with V9? I noticed the 1000Watt was in the configurator before V10 came out but that could have been just bad timing by Devialet.
Not that I think an extra 100Watt will be needed for my C1's  Smile But then again, I thought 170Watt was alright too until I heard 200Watt.

If anyone has more comments on the difference between the two versions on the O d'A I would love to read them too. You guys must have had a week or so now to get acquainted... lucky bastards.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Aug-2016, 09:16)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Can anyone answer this question?

In anticipation of going home and installing my O d'A I have made up a new config. Because at the time I did the config, version 10.0.2 had just come out so I decided to go for the latest straight away. But after reading some of the comments on V10 I'm inclined to have a listen to V9 for a while first.
My question is; can I still have the 1000W setting with V9? I noticed the 1000Watt was in the configurator before V10 came out but that could have been just bad timing by Devialet.
Not that I think an extra 100Watt will be needed for my C1's  Smile But then again, I thought 170Watt was alright too until I heard 200Watt.

If anyone has more comments on the difference between the two versions on the O d'A I would love to read them too. You guys must have had a week or so now to get acquainted... lucky bastards.

You need 10.0.2 to go to 1kW, and yes the additional 100W makes a difference.

Just do it Pim.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
In some situation I want to use my Od'A as two stereo amp , but the web configurator seems do not have this choice, may I use the LE250 config file to operate Od'A? Or there has a better way?
nick.

Qobuz Sublime/Roon on Synology DS3617xs --> Od'A (#82) --> B&W 802D3
Roon --> Dante --> Devialet Opéra de Paris Gold Phantom (pro mode)
(02-Aug-2016, 11:34)nicknick Wrote: In some situation I want to use my Od'A as two stereo amp , but the web configurator seems do not have this choice, may I use the LE250 config file to operate Od'A? Or there has a better way?

D250 config will work on the Master. I did that when my Companion refused to upgrade. But I did not try with the Companion. You will be missing some functions (I think that the Network card is not present).
(02-Aug-2016, 11:49)SwissBear Wrote:
(02-Aug-2016, 11:34)nicknick Wrote: In some situation I want to use my Od'A as two stereo amp , but the web configurator seems do not have this choice, may I use the LE250 config file to operate Od'A? Or there has a better way?

D250 config will work on the Master. I did that when my Companion refused to upgrade. But I did not try with the Companion. You will be missing some functions (I think that the Network card is not present).

Thanks SwissBear, seems Devialet not allow us to modify the config file manually, I will try the LE250 config afterward.

BTW, you can upgrade the Master but not the Companion? then how you fix the version conflict?
nick.

Qobuz Sublime/Roon on Synology DS3617xs --> Od'A (#82) --> B&W 802D3
Roon --> Dante --> Devialet Opéra de Paris Gold Phantom (pro mode)
(02-Aug-2016, 11:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Just do it Pim.  Smile

Guillaume

You know what? I'm just going to take your word for it. Why not  Smile 

P.S. did you come up with that all by yourself or did you steal that from Nike?  Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Aug-2016, 11:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(02-Aug-2016, 11:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Just do it Pim.  Smile

Guillaume

You know what? I'm just going to take your word for it. Why not  Smile 

P.S. did you come up with that all by yourself or did you steal that from Nike?  Huh

How dare you? LOL

My impressions were that 10.0.2 without the 100w boost was a bit to analytical sounding. Adding the 100W has helped considerably.

How is your clean power project coming along?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK