Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
I agree fully, and with Devialet's track record it wouldn't surprise me at all if it would take them longer then indicated. IMO they've in effect become a software company with the release of Phantom/Spark (perhaps even more than they are a hardware company judging by the number of resources working on software vs hardware) and unfortunately not yet one of the best.

To be honest, and not even being cynical here, I don't really expect much from this streamer board and its related software but I surely hope it'll surprise many of us. I just don't think it'll be as good as the stuff many of us use already (at least not in the first few years) so there's some very tough competition for them to beat. Them thus far still being very closed to customers feedback/suggestions and even third parties like Roon doesn't help here.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(20-Nov-2016, 12:43)GuillaumeB Wrote: There was some discolouration of the copper gold finish.

Guillaume

This is a shame that O d'A had these discolouration.

I know that with cheaper ones (e.g. 200) it was the same problem with discolouration
Guillaume, does it sound like your old boards are inside or do you feel they are completely new?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Judging even phantom still can't do dlna even with the "spectacular" dialog (which is supposed to be purely software). I am not counting to get my streamer board for my upgraded 220pro by summer. Probably end of 2017 (hopefully Devialet will give some compensation for the long wait) ?
(20-Nov-2016, 21:34)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Guillaume, does it sound like your old boards are inside or do you feel they are completely new?

Old boards... 

Anyway Devialet have assured me that the differences between O d'A and 1000 PRO are minimal so I'm not going to worry about it anymore. Life's too short...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(21-Nov-2016, 14:21)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Nov-2016, 21:34)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Guillaume, does it sound like your old boards are inside or do you feel they are completely new?

Old boards... 

Anyway Devialet have assured me that the differences between O d'A and 1000 PRO are minimal so I'm not going to worry about it anymore. Life's too short...

Guillaume

At least you don't have to run them in.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hello guys, just a news from devialet store in Paris. The staff is getting ready to be briefed by end of January on the new board. When I ask about oda upgrade he said Q2. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that's disappointing. I thought they were going to take their time on this one. I'd rather wait a while and have something well worked out. Fingers crossed.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Jan-2017, 01:37)clementcousin Wrote: Hello guys, just a news from devialet store in Paris. The staff is getting ready to be briefed by end of January on the new board. When I ask about oda upgrade he said Q2. Cheers

Well that is completely exciting....!   In my case this board and its release date is holding me back from some decisions as to NUC, Rendu, etc....please, bring it on!
(14-Jan-2017, 01:37)clementcousin Wrote: Hello guys, just a news from devialet store in Paris. The staff is getting ready to be briefed by end of January on the new board. When I ask about oda upgrade he said Q2. Cheers

Well that's been brought forward by a quarter or so. 

Once again I'm not too bothered by the board, unless it enables me to stream Qobuz natively using my iPhone or iPad as a control point. 

Anyway finally some light at the end of the tunnel for Od'A owners.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK