Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Os 2 where's the deezer and other music stream connection
I doubt Devialet will ever re-introduce music streaming services in their app. This was probably one of their biggest mistake in Spark to try to do everything, and pretty much everybody complained about it.
Their strategy is now to focus on what they do: delivering sound to ears. To do so, they will rather develop compatibility with all the major streaming protocols (AirPlay, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect, Google Cast?) and leave the content side of things to content providers, in their respective apps.
(30-Oct-2019, 18:19)raph972 Wrote: I doubt Devialet will ever re-introduce music streaming services in their app. This was probably one of their biggest mistake in Spark to try to do everything, and pretty much everybody complained about it.
Their strategy is now to focus on what they do: delivering sound to ears. To do so, they will rather develop compatibility with all the major streaming protocols (AirPlay, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect, Google Cast?) and leave the content side of things to content providers, in their respective apps.

If u say it like that, it does make sense.. so I’ll let it go.. 
of topic question; what is the best way to stream the audio? 
Bluetooth or airplay doesn’t feel stable enough, maybe it’s just my lack of knowledge 
u noticed volume decrease? Volume 35 isn’t the same before and after update..
(30-Oct-2019, 18:30)BpSilver Wrote:
(30-Oct-2019, 18:19)raph972 Wrote: I doubt Devialet will ever re-introduce music streaming services in their app. This was probably one of their biggest mistake in Spark to try to do everything, and pretty much everybody complained about it.

If u say it like that, it does make sense.. so I’ll let it go.. 
of topic question; what is the best way to stream the audio? 
Bluetooth or airplay doesn’t feel stable enough, maybe it’s just my lack of knowledge 
u noticed volume decrease? Volume 35 isn’t the same before and after update..

AirPlay is stable. I have my Phantom wired in with Ethernet. Extremely stable.

Classic Phantom received a power upgrade taking it to 2000 watts and 103dB. About a 2x boost. Other speakers did not receive a power upgrade.

There should be no decrease in volume on any speakers. The sound signature and signal processing was changed on all speakers but not in any way to decrease overall volume. It has smoothed out the sound, changed the audio processing entering the SAM module in order to open the soundstage on single speaker setups, and increase the size of the image on stereo setups, as well as adjust the woofers to be more composed/in time (more matching the Reactor which has been running this new processing pipeline since launch and is considered tighter in the bass). It has also shifted power management into a more efficient state when handling short dynamic bursts and smoothed out the analogue aspect of the amplification to allow 90%+ volume to maintain the same quality as lower volumes. Everything is more balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
So im back to the first question.
What's the options now to stream music?
I dont use Spotify since its not as good as deezer or tidal audio quality wise.
And i have android to stream.
Bpnp is not as good as smoth ui at all.
What are my options ?

Thanks..
(30-Oct-2019, 19:50)eladeb Wrote: So im back to the first question.
What's the options now to stream music?
I dont use Spotify since its not as good as deezer or tidal audio quality wise.
And i have android to stream.
Bpnp is not as good as smoth ui at all.
What are my options ?

Thanks..

Optical input.

Devialet Phantom (White)
@kmjy
What is your recommendation regards whats should be on the other end of the optical cable(hardware strem wise) to stream?
@eladeb if you are interested in high end content, UPnP is the way to go as you can stream PCM up to 24/192
Basically i became so numb with audio technology.
Dezeer tidal etc...made me so stupid regards playing music with wifi/Chromecast/air play.
I got to the point i dont have any ideas regards connecting to other systems as roon/local nas etc...
My music collection in on dezeer or tidal.
Can someone please confirm my thinking. If the new App doesn’t offer native streaming for Tidal etc then is Upnp the best way to listen because it is lossless? Bluetooth or airplay is lossy and that was why Tidal was embedded into Spark to provide a better sound quality. Thanks

(01-Nov-2019, 17:27)steve_denney Wrote: Can someone please confirm my thinking. If the new App doesn’t offer native streaming for Tidal etc then is Upnp the best way to listen because it is lossless? Bluetooth or airplay is lossy and that was why Tidal was embedded into Spark to provide a better sound quality. Thanks
Am still on DOS1 waiting for confirmation that DOS2 UPnP has at least the same sound quality. BubbleUPnPn connects directly to Tidal and is better (more body) than Tidal using Spark. I did a detailed comparison and found that UPnP was significantly better than Airplay and Optical

Bluetooth is lossy but Airplay is lossless but limited to 16/44.1

To answer your question, yes, use UPnP for Tidal. This post indicates it is working with DOS2
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...2#pid87552