Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Output current of OdA or 1000Pro
I have been searching a lot but I cannot find the following spec of the OdA and 1000 Pro:

- Max Current output
- Peak Current output

Does anyone knows?

Because the MBL speakers need a lot of Current I am not sure if Devialet OdA or 1000Pro are good enough for them.
I've read somewhere here that the maximum voltage is 80V which would make the max current:
1000Watt divided by 80Volts =12.5 Amperes not accounting for frequencies. Whether that is a lot or a little I can't say. What MBL's do you have?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Nov-2017, 05:52)PeppaPig Wrote: Because the MBL speakers need a lot of Current I am not sure if Devialet OdA or 1000Pro are good enough for them.

One of the great plus point of Devialets is that they all have a very-very low output impedance ... hence IMHO, even the 440Pro should be able to do great justice to say, MBL 101E (if that's the speaker in concern). Indeed - being low efficient @ 82dB/W sensitivity, ideally Od'A & 1000Pro would do things more effortlessly !!
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(28-Nov-2017, 09:15)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I've read somewhere here that the maximum voltage is 80V which would make the max current:
1000Watt divided by 80Volts =12.5 Amperes not accounting for frequencies. Whether that is a lot or a little I can't say. What MBL's do you have?

111F, it require more power than the 101E. The MBL amp can provide 36amp at peak. But Peak doesn’t means much, I don’t know how much Current the MBL amp can offer at most of the time.

People who connected OdA with MBL 101E said it making OdA extremely hot... so I am not sure if it’s because OdA is not capable to do that.
(28-Nov-2017, 12:29)audio_engr Wrote:
(28-Nov-2017, 05:52)PeppaPig Wrote: Because the MBL speakers need a lot of Current I am not sure if Devialet OdA or 1000Pro are good enough for them.

One of the great plus point of Devialets is that they all have a very-very low output impedance ... hence IMHO, even the 440Pro should be able to do great justice to say, MBL 101E (if that's the speaker in concern). Indeed - being low efficient @ 82dB/W sensitivity, ideally Od'A & 1000Pro would do things more effortlessly !!

Have you see people driving MBL with Devialet??? I got a friend said MBL Better with their own amp because it need a lot of watts and current.

I can’t afford that 101E so I am
Considering 111F or 116F
Over a chat with my dealer in Frankfurt on amplifiers for MBLs, clear recommendations were that 116F needs serious heavy-duty Class A/AB amplification ... their recommendation were MBL 9008, Dan D'Agostino Momentum monoblocks, Soulution 711 Stereo or 501 mono. Bottomline, he said its not devialet's cup of tea ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(28-Nov-2017, 20:01)audio_engr Wrote: Over a chat with my dealer in Frankfurt on amplifiers for MBLs, clear recommendations were that 116F needs serious heavy-duty Class A/AB amplification ... their recommendation were MBL 9008, Dan D'Agostino Momentum monoblocks, Soulution 711 Stereo or 501 mono. Bottomline, he said its not devialet's cup of tea ...

Thank you for your information. I am surprised that an 1000watts OdA cannot handle 116F... the MBL amps only about 380watts.

So if using devialet to drive MBL it might shorten devialet's lifespan?
(28-Nov-2017, 20:01)audio_engr Wrote: Over a chat with my dealer in Frankfurt on amplifiers for MBLs, clear recommendations were that 116F needs serious heavy-duty Class A/AB amplification ... their recommendation were MBL 9008, Dan D'Agostino Momentum monoblocks, Soulution 711 Stereo or 501 mono. Bottomline, he said its not devialet's cup of tea ...

by the way, that MBL 9008 amp is soooooooooooooo EXPENSIVE. haha, can't afford it, he can't simply recommend the best one.
(28-Nov-2017, 23:51)PeppaPig Wrote: by the way, that MBL 9008 amp is soooooooooooooo EXPENSIVE. haha, can't afford it, he can't simply recommend the best one.

Unfortunately, in the highend audio game, there's a handful of speakers that mandate humongous amplification requirements to meet the tough demands of the speaker and MBL 111F, 101E and some of them. That's when you realise that the cost of the speakers are just a fraction to the full setup that you're about to assemble ... but if you've got your eyes & ears set on the MBL speakers, then I am afraid you'll have to satisfy the speakers one way or the other to get the most out of them. Alternatively, you could always move off to other speakers ...  Smile
(29-Nov-2017, 01:14)audio_engr Wrote:
(28-Nov-2017, 23:51)PeppaPig Wrote: by the way, that MBL 9008 amp is soooooooooooooo EXPENSIVE. haha, can't afford it, he can't simply recommend the best one.

Unfortunately, in the highend audio game, there's a handful of speakers that mandate humongous amplification requirements to meet the tough demands of the speaker and MBL 111F, 101E and some of them. That's when you realise that the cost of the speakers are just a fraction to the full setup that you're about to assemble ... but if you've got your eyes & ears set on the MBL speakers, then I am afraid you'll have to satisfy the speakers one way or the other to get the most out of them. Alternatively, you could always move off to other speakers ... 

I hear the OdA driving a 101E sounds good, just running quite hot. So I am not sure if it’s ok. However OdA runs quite hot anyway.

Seems no way to find out their output current???