Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oyaide R1 Wall Receptacle
Just installed a new Oyaide R1 wall receptacle and having my Le200 plugged directly to it. First impression is more clarity and tighter bass. I can turn more volume to louder position and I noticed temperature is much lower (34-deg vs 40-deg). I'm not sure if this is pure coincidence and that weather's temperature is lower now. Will have it burn in for 400 hours and will come back with more impressions.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Ma1f6318d7252dd973ce6f8e46304b950o0&pid=15.1]
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

FWIW, when i compared between a wattgate 381 gold and r1. I prefered the wattgate. I felt the r1 was not as clear with the details as wattgate.
Ok. Too late for me now.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

My AC outlet preferences are clearly known so I won't bore everyone with a repeat. But ya GOTTA take a look at the reviews for the Wattage 381 over at Parts Express. It should be the gold standard for product parody or people clearly out of touch. No insult to the 381 intended or inferred, they just got a bit unlucky on this one. "They suck the bad electricity out!"

http://www.parts-express.com/wattgate-38...t--110-439
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
First, I would say that a power receptacle upgrade is a no-brainer and an inexpensive gear for all to have in their hifi setup. Power will be cleaner, giving more good vibes and clearer signals to reach the different components. I guess this is the reason I can play louder on my music. Different brand and model will give different flavors, so may be difficult to get it right for one taste and/or preference on the first try (or even several tries).

Hk6230, completely agree with you. Your system's synergies may be different from mine. I am actually plan on testing a shunyata z1. Will report in a months time. Heading for a 2 wk vacation tomorrow. And will burn in the shunyata after I return. Happy listening
(15-Sep-2015, 11:06)hk6230 Wrote: First, I would say that a power receptacle upgrade is a no-brainer and an inexpensive gear for all to have in their hifi setup. Power will be cleaner, giving more good vibes and clearer signals to reach the different components. I guess this is the reason I can play louder on my music. Different brand and model will give different flavors, so may be difficult to get it right for one taste and/or preference on the first try (or even several triei
If You replace Your PEM first. Until than, You cant hear the real difference.
regards, Hrky
If you 'replace' it aren't you then stuck with a similar issue? Its a noise filter and every volt going thru it will affect what's heard at the speakers & ears. Until you've heard your unit without a PEM no one can possibly know what it's contributing; good or bad. It's a crap-shoot. You may even think you're delighted with it but haven't ya ever wondered about the 'what ifs' without it... even once!?! The only way to experience unfiltered is to be unfiltered. PEM's are the weakest volt/amp bridge between wall and component and designed to blow even below fuse ratings on many components. The only reason its there is it's the 1st line of defense against surges/spikes in line voltage and to cover product liability issues that could arise from those surges/spikes internally and its not even good at that but it shows 'diligent effort' was made in product design. But no one using one is hearing anything near unfiltered/unfettered power from Devialet thru any PEM device although I understand its a warranty-killer if caught without it. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

hrky, you're months ahead of me on this aspect and truth be known even if I get a HUGE increase in SQ I won't possibly be able to know how much of that can be attributed to PEMectomy alone. But I agree, like speaker posts there should be an alternative down & dirty undetectable and easily removable option for PEM bypass for those more curious and adventurous than the average Joe. May be nothing... may be a giant killer! But only one way to know for sure.

I personally believe Furutech's latest PEM/IEC innovation to be the perfect solution for manufacturers and end-user's alike. Plug in the PEM power cord if ya want or the non-PEM power cord if ya don't. But "you" get to decide rather than the manufacturer. Simple!

http://www.furutech.com/?s=iec
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(15-Sep-2015, 17:13)Manoet Wrote: If you 'replace' it aren't you then stuck with a similar issue? Its a noise filter and every volt going thru it will affect what's heard at the speakers & ears. Until you've heard your unit without a PEM no one can possibly know what it's contributing; good or bad. It's a crap-shoot. You may even think you're delighted with it but haven't ya ever wondered about the 'what ifs' without it... even once!?! The only way to experience unfiltered is to be unfiltered. PEM's are the weakest volt/amp bridge between wall and component and designed to blow even below fuse ratings on many components. The only reason its there is it's the 1st line of defense against surges/spikes in line voltage and to cover product liability issues that could arise from those surges/spikes internally and its not even good at that but it shows 'diligent effort' was made in product design. But no one using one is hearing anything near unfiltered/unfettered power from Devialet thru any PEM device although I understand its a warranty-killer if caught without it. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

hrky, you're months ahead of me on this aspect and truth be known even if I get a HUGE increase in SQ I won't possibly be able to know how much of that can be attributed to PEMectomy alone. But I agree, like speaker posts there should be an alternative down & dirty undetectable and easily removable option for PEM bypass for those more curious and adventurous than the average Joe. May be nothing... may be a giant killer! But only one way to know for sure.

I personally believe Furutech's latest PEM/IEC innovation to be the perfect solution for manufacturers and end-user's alike. Plug in the PEM power cord if ya want or the non-PEM power cord if ya don't. But "you" get to decide rather than the manufacturer. Simple!

http://www.furutech.com/?s=iec

Sorry, didn't mean "replace". I wanted to say REMOVE! 4 ever!
No one needs it.

regards, Hrky
Furutech makes these for some time http://www.furutech.com/2013/02/02/1870/. The new FI-68 seems to be one added to their IEC plug with some magic nano-dust added. Devialet use some filter like that already (maybe Schurter or Schaffner). Does anyone know which one? I don't know that 2 of these filters in series make sense