Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Connection Questions
Greetings guys

I'm a new happy owner of a Dev 200. First of all I need to connect it to the PC to be able to reproduce sound files stored on it.

First question is what connection mode should I use.

I could use Ethernet, but my router has all its sockets used, so if we are going for this option finally, I will need to purchase a new one.

Also I could use USB. I think that with a 5m cable will be enough. Will I lose sound quality using the USB? Is this option as good as the Ethernet (that I have read is best option?) Also The Dev USB port is 2.0 or 3.0?

Cable used for conection should be this one, is good enough?

USB Cable

Many thanks guys.
Greetings Krorghar and welcome to the forum!
You will know me as Matt49 on What hifi.
Whilst ethernet might theoretically be superior to USB, I think the SQ differences between ethernet and USB are tiny, if indeed they exist at all.
And I don't think expensive USB cables make any difference. But, hey! maybe that's just me. The important thing is to get up and running and enjoy the sound.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
A USB cable is not supposed to be longer than some 2m.
Devialet 250, PS Audio Transport - PS Audio P5 - Aurender N100H- Thorens TD160MkII - Restek MTUN+, Eternal Arts TTP, TAD ME1
Hey matt nice to meet you here too!!

So I will have problems with a 5m USB? and with a 5-7m Ethernet? Its time for a new router? Smile
A 5m USB cable may cause problems. However, a 5-7m ethernet cable will be absolutely fine.
You could simply add a cheap switch to your ethernet. If you're worried about SQ issues caused by the switch, take the ethernet cable to the Devialet straight from your router and use the switch for non-audio applications (PCs, printers etc).
Good luck, and keep us posted!
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
London
Hi,

If you are looking for a USB cable, I hear great things about the Crystal Cable Absolute Dream. It costs only 6000 EUR for the 1m-version. Big Grin
http://www.thecableco.com/Product/Crysta...lute-Dream

Just a small warning : there is a white noise issue while using AiR that you might encounter. Some people experience it, other don't. If you want to invite people to listen to your brand new Devialet, make sure that you have a USB nearby.

Good luck !
I use Air to connect my iMac to my Devialet wirelessly. I used to get dropouts when Air was new and had a frustrating time getting rid of them but the latest version of Air seems to work without dropouts on my system now, as long as the maintenance scripts run to keep the system clean.

Air is available for PC if you look on the Devialet website, this presumably works OK too, no cables to worry about...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Ok guys

So I got a Ethernet cable, went to the configurator and enabled Ethernet, put the SD card back in and turned on the device ...

And now what (sorry for my ignorance) Big Grin Does the dev should appear in "my PC" or somewhere else? How can I play some sound archives on it?

P.D By the way the switch on the web configurator seems to be allways on, no matter how many times I click on the blue dot circle, tried to disable other inputs but it just wont uncheck the blue dot.
Have you downloaded the Devialet AIR app to your PC?

Matt

London
Heres what I have done:

Used the Web configurator to force the Devialet with the 192.168.1.3 IP that is free on my router (1 and 2 are used)
test pinged this IP using the CMD interface, and the device is responding.
Downloaded and Installed Devialet Air 2.1.2

And that's all. When I launch devialet Air, it just puts a gray icon in the taskbar without doing anything further, when I click on that icon it show no playing options, it just say "disabled" and won't let me enable it.