Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preamp out stereo
Devialet 220 expert pro.
I use preamp out stereo for my 2 subwoofers. But everytime I star up the amp I have to
go in menu and set premap to on.
Is it possible to get preout to always stay on?
(10-Sep-2020, 23:40)roarbjo Wrote: Devialet 220 expert pro.
I use preamp out stereo for my 2 subwoofers. But everytime I star up the amp I have to
go in menu and set premap to on.
Is it possible to get preout to always stay on?

If you have the preamp outs on your 220 configured as in the attached screenshots, they should be active every time the amp is switched on. 

Welcome to the forum BTW! 😀
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Following @Axel's advice, I'd also check under General Settings that the Sub/Preout is enabled in Startup mode:

In the past I've found that after making this change it sometimes helps to completely power down the amp and power it back on again, to get the setting to "stick".
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Axel Wrote:
roarbjo Wrote:Thank you, I have the same expect from that I use low pass filter.. Can that be the reason?

If you have the preamp outs on your 220 configured as in the attached screenshots, they should be active every time the amp is switched on. 

(11-Sep-2020, 13:51)roarbjo Wrote:
Axel Wrote:
roarbjo Wrote:Thank you, I have the same expect from that I use low pass filter.. Can that be the reason?

I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think using a low pass filter will affect the functionality of the pre outs.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I’ve employed a high pass filter to my loudspeakers and a full range output signal to my DSpeaker Anti-Mode (connected to the stereo pre-out) which outputs to my subwoofer and this is not an issue. Each time I turn on my Devialet these filters and settings are on/remembered so there must be an issue with the configuration here. Did you check if the sub-/pre-out is enabled for each input (eg. phono, USB, ethernet etc.) as well?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands