Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA - iOS 14 Beta & Remote App
(22-Sep-2020, 02:10)mdconnelly Wrote: Doh!  I got it to work on my iPhone but it will not work on my iPad.  So frustrating!

Doh! I did it on my phone and it still doesn’t work........

You’re talking rubbish....
I deleted the app and went to the Apple App site and downloaded it again. It did not work on my iPhone 11 and I did note that the app on the App site was last updated 2 years ago.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(22-Sep-2020, 12:22)Gerronwithit Wrote: I deleted the app and went to the Apple App site and downloaded it again. It did not work on my iPhone 11 and I did note that the app on the App site was last updated 2 years ago.

Of course it didn’t work, he was talking cobblers....

Here is a response I had from Devialet today...

“Thanks for reaching out to Devialet.

Indeed, we are now working on a new generation of Expert remote app that will be compatible with IOS 14 onwards. However, we don't have a solid timeframe for the releasing date yet. “
Sorry, folks, about the confusion. I was just as surprised as anyone, but it did work initially on my iPhone 6s. But didn’t do squat on my iPad. Worse, I then tried re-installing it on my iPhone and now that no longer works.

The issue is that IOS 14 requires apps that use your local network, to first prompt for permission to do so. When I first reinstalled the app on my iPhone, it did ask and then worked as it should. But since then every re-install never prompts and then proceeds to fail because it doesn’t have permission to access my local network.

Ah, there for a moment there was a glimmer of hope....
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA