Poll: Will you sign a petition asking Devialet to improve customer service, especially the handling of the AIR problem.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Will sign
82.81%
53 82.81%
Will not sign
17.19%
11 17.19%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition Devialet
Why don't we formulate a petition to Devialet asking them in a formal way the question so many people have been asking them for months now ?

Who has a better idea to get a response from Devialet ?

Are you willing to assist in promoting the petition ?

Who wants to help formulating a positively formed petition to Devialet asking them in a polite way in English and French to communicate openly about problems, provide work-arounds, rectify problems in a reasonable time frame and generally improve the quality of the after sales support ?
(30-Oct-2015, 16:53)Georgethesixth Wrote: Why don't we formulate a petition to Devialet asking them in a formal way the question so many people have been asking them for months now ?

Who wants to help formulating a positively formed petition to Devialet asking them in a polite way in English and French to communicate openly about problems, provide work-arounds, rectify problems in a reasonable time frame and generally improve the quality of the after sales support ?

I'll sign a petition for sure. It is a good idea. I can not help much with writing though as my English knowledge is limited and my French is non-existing..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(30-Oct-2015, 16:53)Georgethesixth Wrote: Why don't we formulate a petition to Devialet asking them in a formal way the question so many people have been asking them for months now ?

I will sign the petition. I speak french , I would be glad to help.
I'll sign it, too.

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
OFC I will! Great idea...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
so long as its done in a typical english way, politely asking and not in a desk thumping manner then i'll happily add my support

if nothing else it will be nice for them to realise that many of us are still expecting a solution to the AIR problem
and even if they come back with a honest answer that they dont intend to allocate resources to fix this issue then at least knowing we can move on once and for all
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
I'm in. Can't exaggerate how much trouble I've had just to order Phantom set up from them, and then trying to cancel when they failed to deliver. I am sure they mean well but I've never had so much problems trying to cover them. Right now I've sitting on almost $5K of their products that they are supposed to pick up today and never did. They don't have a penny of my money so I am trying to do them right.
Having posted this, I guess I should offer my support to this one:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2055&page=5

What is the actual plan here? To send written correspondence? One thing worries me a bit, most of the polls on here top out before hitting the 100 votes mark. How many signatures do you think we would need for this to be takes seriously?
If we want to do it, we must do it in such a way that it might trigger a response from Devialet.
I hoped to see some replies with proposals of ideas or talking points but I think we need a first draft to get the forum moving.  So I will try to formulate a draft version by Monday evening in English.  That one should be reviewed on both content and language by native English speakers and we need a translation in French.  Devialet is a French company, their main investors are French etc.  

I would propose to give Devialet one last time to communicate in a normal way by sending them the petition as a support ticket and explaining what will happen next, and asking them for comments or even better : reply in such a way that we can shelve the idea.  The last thing I want to do is hurt the company but that doesn't mean we have to let them walk over us.

If the answer is not satisfactory the next step is to create the petition on ipetition or some other dedicated site.

Then I will search every review of Phantom, Expert and Devialet in French and English and add the petition in the comments section, especially the ones Devialet mentions on their website.  It is useless to put the petition on this site only : it is obvious that this doesn't help.

We might put enough pressure on them to get a solution and create a system that works.
How do you plan to structure the correspondence? I would suggest the following:

Start by addressing the general issue of Devialet's complete refusal to provide sensible correspondence with respect to any issues with their products, essentially providing a wall of silence with respect to anything that might show them as being less than perfect. The request would be to get them to open up on such issues.

Then provide some examples of current the key issues which you wish Devialet to address, which for me would be the progress and future plans for a fully stable version of AIR, and details and schedule for implementation of Dialog compatibility with AIR. (Phantom users might have other specific issues?)

Then maybe some proposals for positive solutions? As an example, there was a section on their website soliciting feedback for the beta version of AIR. This was good, but probably could be improved a little in format. What was missing? Any sensible feedback from Devialet.