Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Classic Gen 1 update 750w -1200w
I own a Phantom Classic, no Bluetooth serial ends 3PEK.  I set up the Spark app 1.14.1.3 - here is my question. 

Will this unit upgrade from 750w to 1200w automatically?   
Next it seems that it is also capable of going from 1200w to 2000w on another update.  Am I correct?
(10-Jul-2020, 20:41)1Aprilia1 Wrote: I own a Phantom Classic, no Bluetooth serial ends 3PEK.  I set up the Spark app 1.14.1.3 - here is my question. 

Next it seems that it is also capable of going from 1200w to 2000w on another update.  Am I correct?
Hi, i don't have a devialet speaker yet, but i know what you said is correct. The phantom classic can be updated to the 2000w version. I don't know if the update takes place automatically or if you have to authorize it manually from the app.
Are you happy with classic? Do you feel the need to switch to the gold version?

Best regards
So I have the Gen 1 Phantom Classic using Spark app v. 1.14.1.3 on iOS phone/pad
I inquired through support and they called and emailed me my response so that was great

The response

Elaine (Devialet)
Jul 14, 2020, 1:14 AM GMT+2

I understand that you are interested to know about the software upgrade for your Classic Phantom serial number Ending 3PEK from 750W to 1200W and 99dB to 101dB. I trusted your phantom is currently in 1200W and 101dB as this upgrade radically increases Phantom's amplification power was in late 2017. To upgrade the Phantom, simply perform a software update via the latest version of Devialet Spark. On launching the app, you'll be offered a free update, To verify your phantom firmware, please refer to Spark App and as long as your phantom firmware version starting from 1.14.

Now I’d love to have it upgraded to 2000W if possible - not sure if it’s capable through Spark?

So I never mentioned I also bought a Phantom Silver at the same time -

They are both awesome - and while not an Audiophile I like comparing and getting best value for my $$

If I lived in Apartment/condo I’d get the Classic. It sounds awesome for a single speaker and my friends were in awe at the volume

I have a home so I am keeping the Phantom Silver,using Devialet app, buying Tidal Hifi

Both are awesome and playing at max volume isn’t gonna happen often -

Would I switch to Gold? If the money isn’t an object then I’d totally buy the gold especially for the support/upgrade ability. I’m a car guy and it’s like asking me if I should skip the Porsche Carrera S and jump to a Turbo S -
(10-Jul-2020, 20:41)1Aprilia1 Wrote: I own a Phantom Classic, no Bluetooth serial ends 3PEK.  I set up the Spark app 1.14.1.3 - here is my question. 

Hi @1Aprilia1!  We have started a project to try to understand the evolution of the Phantom line in terms of which speakers have which capabilities (see thread here) and while searching through old forum posts I came across this thread.  

Your Phantom Premier Classic is interesting as it is an older model we haven't collected data on yet.  If you still have it it would be great if you could add the serial and model number information to the thread.  It would fill in another missing piece of the puzzle.  Many thanks in advance!
I forgot to mention; I have an early bird Phantom's internals without AirPlay and Bluetooth that came with a Phantom Gold demo speaker. It's not upgradable to DOS2. 

Another Phantom Silver with unknown purchase date with faulty internals:
H31E*****EW02. Model number DB245.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(25-Mar-2022, 12:38)ragwo Wrote: I forgot to mention; I have an early bird Phantom's internals without AirPlay and Bluetooth that came with a Phantom Gold demo speaker. It's not upgradable to DOS2. 

Another Phantom Silver with unknown purchase date with faulty internals:
H31E*****EW02. Model number DB245.

Excellent! Many thanks @ragwo Very interesting! Fwiw the "early bird" appears to actually have the guts of a Silver judging by the "EWM9" ending. Would be really helpful if you are able to divine a model number (although since the only places I am aware that you can find it are printed on the base of the speaker and on the shipping carton I understand that might not be possible). It is probably a DB245 but you never know.

Also if you can confirm the model number of your J24E silver (that is almost certainly a DB245 but good to get it confirmed) that would be appreciated. I am guessing that it is not Airplay capable as it was made over six months before the announcement of Airplay capability, but if you know either way that would be really good info as well.

Really appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@1Aprilia1
Sorry for spamming your thread, I thought I posted in the serial numbers thread.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage