Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold at Home :) --Unboxing and First Impressions--
Video 
Finally golden speakers at home ...

Attached photos from all points of the phantom gold, earlier they effected, one mini review.

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0032_zpshoae7wy1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0029_zpsldckoi4w.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0031_zpsgakaxmoi.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0030_zpsy50ab9g4.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0027_zpshuehkgze.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0012_zpsyzwcvucp.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0013_zpsuvpdiizh.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0026_zpsqqxdkifh.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0025_zps6rxt1l27.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0024_zpsnushu9nw.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0023_zpsqmavm0ys.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0019_zpsasc25za4.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0020_zpse6hxcgtj.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0022_zps7bjuprfu.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0021_zpsorhouqqq.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0018_zpsfr6dumht.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0017_zpsnr19kqoh.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0014_zps3c6srnwp.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0015_zpsodjwnrnq.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0008_zpsoacf9z6k.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0004_zpshwhvogre.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0007_zpsrcc497w1.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20160827-WA0006_zpsj78cmv9q.jpg]

-The End-
Congratulations with excellent speakers and thank you for sharing those really nice pictures of the unpacking! Smile
How do you think it sounds?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(27-Aug-2016, 12:40)ragwo Wrote: Congratulations with excellent speakers and thank you for sharing those really nice pictures of the unpacking! Smile
How do you think it sounds?
They look nice on the to unit but you will seriously compromise the sound quality unless they are on stands.
Congrats, your setup looks fantastic.

Can you please give more info on your wall unit? My wife was happy after I sold off my old system and moved to the Phantoms as it's a wireless system, but to her I still have too many wires. You're setup does an excellent job of hiding all cables and gives a clean look.
Congrats and very nice unboxing photos!

Can you please share how's the sound as they are so close to the wall, especially the left speaker. I will face similar problem as I will put the left speaker next to the corner.
Video 
Good morning,

Let's start with the sound impressions Phantom Devialet gold.

Differences between Silver and Gold

- The treble is more clear and impressive.

- The voices take center stage, thanks to the new tweeter.
This may seem dislumbrar low but it is not.

- The lower area are very similar to Silver, the only thing that having 1500w more, pay more volume and power in general.

- The media are very similar to but more power Silver.

- Sound interference decreased and silent any spurious noise is not appreciated, even with the connected optical out.

- Overall entire system is more tonal, more vocal and more powerful in all aspects and more clarirad on all points, I personally if that and noticed the difference with the silver, but not everyone would notice the difference as drastic. Personally I still think that silver is very good, I mean if you have enough money to reach Gold, silver think about not disappoint at all.

Design

- The white color is generally more elegant forms are very nice.

- The rose gold is very pretty, but the money invested at that point maybe would have invested elsewhere as the software that needs much improvement.

- The cable is colored white, perfect, but still a problem not being able to remove the connector with its lid to pass the cable through a hole, minimum must make a hole from 50mm to 60mm to pass the sucko, or spend another another cable manufacturer is the other option.

- The front logo devialet now is the same shade of pink gold.

- The tweeter is now silvery see, thanks to titanium.

Position speakers

There were people who had doubts about the placement of my speakers.

As you well know the Phantom have a lot of audio projection, it is often difficult to place them in the room, as in all aspects highlights, such as bass and treble that stand out enough.

All my TV cabinet is a cabinet with lots massa and weight, is a large wooden cabinet that provides good audio output forward with no distortion or loss, but it has to be a cabinet with a certain size, since a wooden stand not provide the same as a full cabinet of this size.

I could try the Phantom with a stand in front of the cabinet and particularly for my taste, I prefer to be in the cabinet, have a more full sound, that if the bass is a little higher than if they are in the media, but do not think that by stand next to the wall in the cabinet will distort the bass because it is not so, there are many other things or objects in a room that can distort the audio set, all that I have very controlled, since I do not have any object vibrate, only a 90 certainly high volume "crystals begin to move.

As you can see one of my speakers is playing a cabinet and the other is free, together having 2 Phantom does not cause any problem if Phantom provamos one can notice a little difference, but does not cause any problem in my case.

Cabling

In my case, thanks to large furniture as you can see, I have almost nothing in sight.

On the back of the devialet and made a hole of 60 mm and a color top cabinet and passed the power cable from each speaker.

The Dialog me and been forced to put it out but I do not like, because by itself outdoors and heated and the plastic bends, I do not want to imagine how it would be if you were inside the cabinet, but as I say is by heating. I have made a 20mm hole to pass the cable network Cat. 7 current and optical cable.

If you have the ability to hide the dialogue to, but always thinking of the warming.

All other devices, such as SAT, Switch, 4k Player, etc. are are inside the cabinet, and using IR transmitters, sending the signal within the cabinet.

You Need improvement

- Sofware Spark, compared to Sonos looks like a toy, is not comparable to the quality of the Phantom.

- Heating Dialog.

- Heating Phantom at rest.

- Reposo System.

- Consumption Sleep.

- Could work without dialogue.

- Detachable cables for easier installation.

Thanks
Beautiful setup! Nice and clean. Well done.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)