Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold has launched!
(28-Jun-2016, 20:41)discostar Wrote: Nice! But... i hate it when they combine specs with a certain look.. Wonder how people like rose gold in their interior. Personally i like the look of Phantom Silver the best but with the specs of the gold..

Might be a case of seeing it in the flesh. If it's the same finish as the O d'A then it might be very nice indeed... have to see first it I guess.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-Jun-2016, 20:41)discostar Wrote: Nice! But... i hate it when they combine specs with a certain look.. Wonder how people like rose gold in their interior. Personally i like the look of Phantom Silver the best but with the specs of the gold..

The side plates can easily be removed, i.e. exchanged between chrome, 'silver', and gold. In case Devialet won't offer choice, a 2nd hand market might open. Personally, I prefer the Silver and this will hold me off to go for Gold. Happy with 3 Silver Phantoms!
If the sides are removable it should be no problem to use some car wrap/foil, or what it's called in English, and make them the colour you like.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...udspeaker/

I happen to think the new unit is beautiful and joked with my wife that we need a new house to complement the Phantom gold.
When moving one of my silver phantom I pressed one of the side plates by accident and in horror saw it moved inwards. I pressed it back to its original position and never tried that again. But it seems they are mounted on pivots. Has anyone actually removed them to confirm?

I wonder if Devialet would consider offering an "upgrade" service to white/silver owners to gold spec. Ambitious thought I know. But it seems it is the internal hardware that changed and not physical case. Maybe this is as easy as swapping a few boards and the tweeter.

One thing I hope Gold means is Devialet is selling Phantom like hot cakes. I hope they are making money hand and fist so they stay in business for the long haul. I still want them to produce the original concept Phantom remote (or better)! Smile
I am not understanding the 4500 W rating. 4500 is obviously the sum of several amp modules but if one calculates for the overall output of 108dB one gets only a system efficiency of 72dB/W. Really low efficiency speakers are around 80dB/W
Annoying... every news review says pre-orders are available today, but the website just collects email addresses.

No pre-ordering possible at the moment....
Blurb on Verge

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2...loud-price
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Photos and new stand are great so far. Also the price is available on the most sites, 2990$ vs 2390$.
[Image: 43d8b1ae1a43a1cb2e7e92f34507c59c.jpg]
[Image: 3a301b7a0851bb4f8979faf8b1725de9.jpg]
The math is wrong in this illustration, 1 gold is not equal to 2 silvers in any case.