Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold has launched!
I listened to the Phantom 3000 a couple of weeks ago in Paris and if it was not for the midrange/tweeter which sounded middle of the road, I would have bought it. I think that the 3000 Watts, which I think is some 170 Watts RMS per what the salesman mentioned, was more than enough for my needs. IOW, no need for the extra watts really.
Amps: Devialet 200, Linn Majik DSi, Pioneer SC-91, Chord Hugo
Speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, Tannoy XT6, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi
(29-Jun-2016, 02:47)kameraguy Wrote: Has anyone actually removed them to confirm?

Yes, you can carefully remove them. Simplest is to push the plates at the back so they pivot. Then you can easily pull the plates out. No damage happens. Behind you will see a void seal over a screw. Still under warranty you should not touch the seal. But the side plates are only plugged.
I believe the extra watts is less for additional volume, but more for better control of the drivers including quicker transients. At least that is my theory.

Now that the Gold version is publicly announced, I can share that one of the top Devialet lead here in North American shared that the mids and trebles are substantially improved - which leads to a much greater sense of transparency. If so, the Phantoms would have fully arrived for me as a system. I cannot exaggerate how pleased I am to hear that. I do have a high level of trust in Devialet's vision and aesthetics. In my mind, it is possible that the Gold, though they do cost 20% more, may finally hit a value proposition where a small system performs better than much larger systems which cost more. The Silvers were already a good value as they have improved the stability and capability of their software. The Gold though, I think, probably will fulfill the original vision.
Ummmm! - So many versions released in a relatively short time, kinda makes me not want to buy....yet, just in case there is an even better version around the corner!

Idea
What about the 'not-yet-announced' PHANTOM PLATINUM? Autumn?

Huh

Big Grin
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
hm....don't like its looks.
Kinda gaudy Confused

Would like to see the same metal finish as on their amps.
Just got word from my dealer

Available for demo in July
Price 2590 Euro

Unfortunately a 'trade-in upgrade program' is not to be expected from Devialet (would have been nice when introducing a new model so quickly)
I told my dealer I will probably wait for the diamond, platinum or kryptonite version

2 Silver Phantoms (firmware 1.14.0.18), 2 Branches/Tree White, Dialog (firmware 1.14.0.18), Remote
(29-Jun-2016, 05:56)streamy Wrote:
(29-Jun-2016, 02:47)kameraguy Wrote: Has anyone actually removed them to confirm?

Yes, you can carefully remove them. Simplest is to push the plates at the back so they pivot. Then you can easily pull the plates out. No damage happens. Behind you will see a void seal over a screw. Still under warranty you should not touch the seal. But the side plates are only plugged.

Thank you, this is good info to know.
(29-Jun-2016, 05:27)dmitrek Wrote: The math is wrong in this illustration, 1 gold is not equal to 2 silvers in any case.
not quite. 3dB difference equals 2x the power!
Software update comes for all phantoms and new Spark too.

Now im interested.
(02-Jul-2016, 15:39)dr.sah Wrote: Software update comes for all phantoms and new Spark too.

Now im interested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)