Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold, startup sound but no music
I hope I haven't bricked one of my two Golds. Yesterday I may have pressed the button too long because I was not sure how to make it stand by respectively turn off. 

Today it didn't play music from Roon although I made the reset steps twice: unplug, replug, 5 short presses on the button.

The Gold made the correct start-whizzing sound, but didn't play music. My second Gold in the stereopair plays without problem.

It also does not show up in the app.

Can it be that I inadvertedly brought it into the "update" state by my too long pressing the button? Or damaged the firmware?
(18-Oct-2021, 16:38)Mohmm Wrote: I hope I haven't bricked one of my two Golds. Yesterday I may have pressed the button too long because I was not sure how to make it stand by respectively turn off. 

Today it didn't play music from Roon although I made the reset steps twice: unplug, replug, 5 short presses on the button.

The Gold made the correct start-whizzing sound, but didn't play music. My second Gold in the stereopair plays without problem.

It also does not show up in the app.

Can it be that I inadvertedly brought it into the "update" state by my too long pressing the button? Or damaged the firmware?

I had the same problem - I had to go from the scratch as if I had just bought a stereo pair, simple unplug plug didn't work, had to reset both and create stereo, etc.
@Mohmm I don't think you have bricked your speaker.
Here's the link to the reset procedure. It's different to the one you performed.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...II-Reactor-

You'll have to add the speaker to your system in the Devialet app after the reset.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Oct-2021, 18:09)ragwo Wrote: @Mohmm I don't think you have bricked your speaker.
Here's the link to the reset procedure. It's different to the one you performed.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...II-Reactor-

You'll have to add the speaker to your system in the Devialet app after the reset.
Thanks, st33f and ragwo. That did the trick.

Wonderful to have a stereo pair again.
@Mohmm
Glad it worked out for you! A silent Phantom is kind of useless, it's way too big for a paperweight.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(19-Oct-2021, 12:17)ragwo Wrote: @Mohmm
Glad it worked out for you! A silent Phantom is kind of useless, it's way too big for a paperweight.

True, I briefly considered the paperweight function, but the heavy thing dropped and ....

No, it didn't drop   Big Grin