Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom I stereo issue
Hi Everyone,

I purchased two Phantom I Light Chromes couple of days ago and while at first I was amazed with the stereo sound, I noticed some 'echo' and light 'screaking' in one of the Phantoms. Seems like there is a synchronization issue or something of this sort. It doesn't happen all the time, but every 30-45 seconds more or less. It's not incredibly disturbing, but with time it gets annoying.

I read some earlier threads and apparently there was a firmware update, but that was back in 2.8 version more or less. Both of mine are updated to 2.14.4.

I'd be super grateful for any advices on how to solve this issue.
Hi. Sorry for your troubles. A bit more info about your setup would be nice. Do you use WiFi or ethernet? Spotify Connect, AirPlay, Bluetooth, Roon, UPnP or optical input as source?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Hi, I use wi-fi on both Phantoms and I stream from Spotify via Airplay 2 and/or Spotify directly.
Just to give an update, I tried Airplay, spotify connect, and I tried to switch between wi-fi and plc. Same results each time. Seems to me like there's some connection issue between the two speakers and one needs to 're-calibrate' so to say each 20-30s.
Are you using a mesh network?
Have you tried to connect the speakers to each other with an ethernet cable? You could also try to wire the speakers directly to you router.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(26-Mar-2022, 11:57)ragwo Wrote: Are you using a mesh network?
Have you tried to connect the speakers to each other with an ethernet cable? You could also try to wire the speakers directly to you router.

So the latest thing I've done was connecting one of the Phantoms (the one lagging) to ethernet. This has actually worked. Anyhow, I need to solve this issue as I won't be able to have the ethernet connected all the time. I found this thread, whichmaybe sounds relevant? https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet...sync-issue

Do you think this makes sense? How should I get in touch with Devialet?
(26-Mar-2022, 14:14)jensfan Wrote: So the latest thing I've done was connecting one of the Phantoms (the one lagging) to ethernet. This has actually worked. Anyhow, I need to solve this issue as I won't be able to have the ethernet connected all the time. I found this thread, whichmaybe sounds relevant? https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet...sync-issue

Do you think this makes sense? How should I get in touch with Devialet?

Hi @jensfan, Even if the symptom sounds similar that thread is not relevant as the problem described was fixed in firmware 2.8.5.  Your problem definitely sounds like a network problem.  As @ragwo's question hints, mesh networks can sometimes cause problems as they can reconfigure themselves dynamically and two Phantoms in a stereo pair can end up connected to different nodes so the left and right signals take completely different paths.

You can log a trouble ticket via the app.  Cog wheel/Help/Report a problem.  Also, If you can describe your network setup in more detail we may be able to help.
Hi,

Thanks for your advice. I'll report a problem then directly to Devialet and wait for the response. Hopefully they'll figure something out.
Hi I’m lately struggle with sound on my 2 PI classic while using Apple TV / airplay
I never had that problem with cutting sound L or R speaker loosing sync and going quiet then come back again and it’s strangely always happening after while about 3min of playing music video or movie Sad

I made a short video that demonstrates how this look like in the link (I’m on the lates software)

https://share.icloud.com/photos/071CHb9p...eLB1D8YrMw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi,

I have the exact same issue with my pair of Phantom I since last DOS update (2.14.4).
I reached out to Devialet support, sent a ticket and report via the Devialet app on January 26th. And I still haven't received any solution, more than 2 months after. The only suggestion they made was to reboot the system.  Dodgy

They finally told me a bug fix would probably be included in a next update. When? They don't know. They're working (or sleeping) on it.