Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phantom II Will Not Start - Perpetual Blinking White Light
Hi guys, 

I recently came across this issue with the Phantom II where the light indicator is permanently blinking white.

My setup is pairing 2 Phantom IIs and I've had no major problems with them until recently.

While the other one is working fine, this particular speaker won't move on to a solid white indicator, which means I can't re-pair it or even detect it. 

I've tried all methods of unplugging, and letting it cool down (it became relatively hot) for a day. But all roads led to the same blinking white light. 

Has anyone experienced the same? Or have solutions for it? 
I am pretty disappointed overall since the pairing often has latency/synchronization issues over time. And the fact that Devialet has atrocious customer support. Despite its superb sound quality, I think if I can't get this working again, it's time to move on to another brand and never look back. 

Anyway, hope someone could guide me. Thank you very much. 

Joe
Contact Devialet Customer support while seeking help here.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
Did you try resetting it by holding the power button pressed for 7 seconds until the led blinks in purple?
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I have the same, after updating me one Reactor still flashes white light.  The wireless module does not work.  After about 5 minutes, the Reactor will operate the optical and aux input.  Ethernet is also active, but the web interface is still waiting to boot.  Reset or any key combination does not work.  I contacted Devialet, a lot of bad advice, I sent a video, but I ended up not having the invoice they wanted for a guarantee.  Reactor was under warranty but I bought them second-hand without an invoice.  The second Reactor works great.  Now I work in stereo via a mono L + R cable from the iPod headphone output.

Digital: Tidal,Qobuz ROON on NUC 8i3 | Analog: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 evolution, Van den Hul Colibri XGW Stradivarius MS  | Devialet 440 pro Ci (2x220) Speaker: Magico S7 M-Coat | Cable: Mit evo one | Power: PSaudio PS12, Keces P8-2, Shunyata Delta EF | Headphone: Audeze MX4, Chord Hugo2 | 2x Devialet Reactor 900 on Ipod 
I have the same error !
Hope someone could guide me. Thank you very much.
(07-May-2022, 07:55)Joefnd Wrote: Hi guys, 

I recently came across this issue with the Phantom II where the light indicator is permanently blinking white.

My setup is pairing 2 Phantom IIs and I've had no major problems with them until recently.

While the other one is working fine, this particular speaker won't move on to a solid white indicator, which means I can't re-pair it or even detect it. 

I've tried all methods of unplugging, and letting it cool down (it became relatively hot) for a day. But all roads led to the same blinking white light. 

I am pretty disappointed overall since the pairing often has latency/synchronization issues over time. And the fact that Devialet has atrocious customer support. Despite its superb sound quality, I think if I can't get this working again, it's time to move on to another brand and never look back. 

Joe

I have the same issue. Have done the reset, but the sound on the speaker does not come post that too. Bluetooth or the app can't find the speaker. The white light is perpetually blinking. Please help. Thanks
(01-Jan-2024, 14:36)Rishi Wrote:

Joe

I have the same issue. Have done the reset, but the sound on the speaker does not come post that too. Bluetooth or the app can't find the speaker. The white light is perpetually blinking. Please help. Thanks

Hi! I have two phantom II speakers and one just stopped working properly, when i plug it in to the wall power, a white led blinking light appears and never stops, then after several minutes a purple/red led light appears (first purple, then changes to red, again purple, again red, each light lasts for 1 second at the most), then starts blinking white again for several minutes, then changes back to red/purple.
The phantom does not react to any button, not the ones on top and not the one behind it. I have done the official total reset, I have done the steps sent to me by devialet customer service, none seem to work.

I manage to make it work one day after all this, the app asked me to update to latest firmware but i pressed no, then when I unplugged and plugged back in the devialet, again the same problem. I remember leaving it unplugged for one or two days and then plugging it in and leaving it for one day. I just cant make it work again, ill keep trying, theres no way i am sending my unit to devialet, this has to be a software/operating system issue, not hardware. There should be a patch or something.

Regards
(04-Jan-2024, 22:12)lopsorz2 Wrote:
(01-Jan-2024, 14:36)Rishi Wrote:

Joe

Hi! I have two phantom II speakers and one just stopped working properly, when i plug it in to the wall power, a white led blinking light appears and never stops, then after several minutes a purple/red led light appears (first purple, then changes to red, again purple, again red, each light lasts for 1 second at the most), then starts blinking white again for several minutes, then changes back to red/purple.
The phantom does not react to any button, not the ones on top and not the one behind it. I have done the official total reset, I have done the steps sent to me by devialet customer service, none seem to work.

I manage to make it work one day after all this, the app asked me to update to latest firmware but i pressed no, then when I unplugged and plugged back in the devialet, again the same problem. I remember leaving it unplugged for one or two days and then plugging it in and leaving it for one day. I just cant make it work again, ill keep trying, theres no way i am sending my unit to devialet, this has to be a software/operating system issue, not hardware. There should be a patch or something.

Regards

it happened exactly the same for me, it's a wireless unit upgrade error. It is clearly a Devialet software upgrade error. Devialet never admits a mistake and never corrects that mistake. 

There are more of us with the same error. 

This was the moment when I ended my hifi journey with the company Devialet and never again recommended the purchase to my friends !

Regards

Digital: Tidal,Qobuz ROON on NUC 8i3 | Analog: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 evolution, Van den Hul Colibri XGW Stradivarius MS  | Devialet 440 pro Ci (2x220) Speaker: Magico S7 M-Coat | Cable: Mit evo one | Power: PSaudio PS12, Keces P8-2, Shunyata Delta EF | Headphone: Audeze MX4, Chord Hugo2 | 2x Devialet Reactor 900 on Ipod