Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom + RAAT is true!
Even if @DesertEagleAZ  posted on it here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...5#pid98175  I think this deserves it's own thread
When firmware 2.12 for Phantoms is released in the near future they will have certified RAAT (Roon Ready) on board. Let's hope this will be a bug-free release! At any rate this is a long awaited feature and I'm sure many Phantom Premier and Reactor owners will be happy Big Grin

2.12 is not available yet, but according to posts on the Roon community it was briefly posted (in error) long enough for Google to pick it up. A Google search for "devialet DOS 2.12 raat certified" will display the posting
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Dec-2020, 21:43)ogs Wrote: Even if @DesertEagleAZ  posted on it here: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Roon-RAA...5#pid98175  I think this deserves it's own thread
When firmware 2.12 for Phantoms is released in the near future they will have certified RAAT (Roon Ready) on board. Let's hope this will be a bug-free release! At any rate this is a long awaited feature and I'm sure many Phantom Premier and Reactor owners will be happy Big Grin

2.12 is not available yet, but according to posts on the Roon community it was briefly posted (in error) long enough for Google to pick it up. A Google search for "devialet DOS 2.12 raat certified" will display the posting

It's real indeed @ogs , check my update in the Roon forum....the long winter is (almost) over... :-)) ...I'm in music heaven, working almost "bug" free...and I'm very happy to have bought the new remote, change tracks, pause/play, volume without ever touch the app again, just focus on the music... almost, almost makes it worth while the years of pain and suffering... :-)))
Sweet baby Jesus it must be Christmas time.
How did you get the update @rsemedo. I’m again in contact with D for a beta test but not gotten the update so far..
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(16-Dec-2020, 08:10)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: How did you get the update @rsemedo. I’m again in contact with D for a beta test but not gotten the update so far..

I think I managed to get into the Beta testing....I was in communication with Support for other reasons and they send me the update to fix a number of other issues (btw all fixed)...
That’s awesome. Do the Phantoms already show as certified? I think otherwise they would not be running on RAAT but not sure. Any other new features on that version?
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(16-Dec-2020, 09:55)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: That’s awesome. Do the Phantoms already show as certified? I think otherwise they would not be running on RAAT but not sure. Any other new features on that version?
No, it shows as uncertified, I think it's on Roon side to finalise the certification...also, at this stage, it's down sampling everything to 44khz... ...hope it will be fixed before it becomes public....

No new features, it solved a problem with AirPlay casting in my case...I was hoping for a double hummy with Tidal Connect support, but nothing there...but I don't really care since I do all my listening with Roon... :-)
Interesting! Hopefully the 44.1kHz limit is be a bug. Would be a weird limitation otherwise and not really high-res even with 24Bit otherwise.
(16-Dec-2020, 10:05)rsemedo Wrote: ...also, at this stage, it's down sampling everything to 44khz...

That is Roon down sampling? In that case Roon gets 44.1 as max from Phantom during handshaking and down samples accordingly. I doubt very much that a release version will have this limitation. Devialet surely wouldn't like that and Roon wouldn't allow it.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Yep that seems like it would be a rather big road block for certification. Pretty sure it will be resolved.