Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom + RAAT is true!
Both are included 8)
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
I just received this from a Phantom owner:

so 2.12 will definitely include RAAT!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hey everyone, just a quick update....just received an firmware update to 2.12.3 (from 2.12.0)...not sure what changed, but Roon still shows the Phantom's as "uncertified" and the down sampling to 48khz also still happening... ...I googled for any firmware notes, but can't find anything so.... keep you posted... hopefully we will have some good news with whatever big announcement they have on the 2nd of Feb...
Old Phantoms will be limited with the RAAT sample rate is my guess ...
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(22-Jan-2021, 14:17)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Old Phantoms will be limited with the RAAT sample rate is my guess ...

I fear you may be right  Sad

If this turns out to be the case, Roon has somehow been 'convinced' by Devialet to accept RAAT at a lower sample rate than Phantoms can actually handle. We'll see...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
Sorry for the noob question but what's considered new and old phantoms.
I have a pair of Silvers (2016)
And how much lower of a sample rate are we talking?
The 'new' in this context is what is announced on (or after) February 2nd.
48 kHz vs 192kHz
Devialetless!
(22-Jan-2021, 13:47)rsemedo Wrote: Hey everyone, just a quick update....just received an firmware update to 2.12.3 (from 2.12.0)...not sure what changed, but Roon still shows the Phantom's as "uncertified" and the down sampling to 48khz also still happening... ...I googled for any firmware notes, but can't find anything so.... keep you posted... hopefully we will have some good news with whatever big announcement they have on the 2nd of Feb...

@rsemedo

With the new software update and RAAT, can you change the Phantom's volume from Roon?  Or do you still have to use the Devialet app or remote?

Thanks
They've changed the specifications of the speakers, again. I'm a bit upset. 

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
My phantom just changed there names to gold1c-48 on 2.12.3