Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Remote not working
Hi,

my Phantom Remote Volume worked well the last year or so, but since a few days it doesn't change the volume anymore. I paired it with the two Phantom Golds (they responded with their woofers), exchanged the battery, still no joy.

I am playing via the latest Roon version, optical Mac Mini to Dialog, ethernet to Phantoms.
Roon settings: Volume control DSP.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Have you checked the remote settings in Spark?
(21-Oct-2018, 10:51)Rudolph Wrote: Have you checked the remote settings in Spark?

Everything I find in Spark is: Mute off, Night Mode off. Are there still other hidden settings for volume?
(21-Oct-2018, 15:42)Mohmm Wrote:
(21-Oct-2018, 10:51)Rudolph Wrote: Have you checked the remote settings in Spark?

Everything I find in Spark is: Mute off, Night Mode off. Are there still other hidden settings for volume?
In Spark, you must follow the next steps: options / devices / phantom / Bluetooth / On

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk
(21-Oct-2018, 17:00)Cargilo Wrote:
(21-Oct-2018, 15:42)Mohmm Wrote:

In Spark, you must follow the next steps: options / devices / phantom / Bluetooth / On

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk
Thanks. I must say your suggestion sounds logical, but before the present problem the remote worked perfectly without activating Bluetooth on the Phantoms. Their Bletooth is only for music transmission and definitely not for the remote.
If I switch off bluetooth, the remote doesn't work for me either.
I need to turn on bluetooth and enable remote support to make it work.
You have remote support disabled/bluetooth off?

[Image: bildschirmfoto2018-1087dlm.jpg]
I've had a similar problem a few times with Two Silvers, Dialog, and the Phantom remote.

The symptom is occasionally the Remote just does not seem to work.

Volume works fine via the Spark App (running on windows), or via an Android device, but Spin the dial on the phantom remote and nothing happens.

Shake it and sometimes it will start searching, (see the blue light flashing) and sometimes it seems to connect others it does not and the light keeps flashing, with the same result it does not control the volume.

steps i have taken when this occurs:

Remove/Reinsert the batteries on the remote.
Re-pair the remote.
Replace the batteries in the remote - make sure BOTH batteries are fresh Smile
Power cycle the system(Dialog, Phantoms, and Remote)
Reset the system and run through spark to setup again.

Seems like you have tried most of these already though...

as much as i personally hate this as a solution... If you have not, try the system reset 

From my experience,

the phantom does not require the Bluetooth settings (or the UPNP settings) to be enabled for the phantom remote to function.
If there are any settings related to the remote i do not seem them in the Spark APP UX.

I presume this is about the hardware "phantom remote" dial device  and not the android app "phantom remote".
FWIW - i have not been able to get the phantom remote android app to work but don't that that is related to the OP.

regards.
scott-
Bbnsound
RE:  "If I switch off bluetooth, the remote doesn't work for me either.   I need to turn on bluetooth and enable remote support to make it work."

Ah thats it!!

the REMOTE SUPPORT option needs to be enabled.

normally its "not visible" with the Bluetooth setting disabled.

I find when REMOTE SUPPORT setting is DISABLED then the Phantom Remote dial does not seem to work.

What i did:
Enable Bluetooth support
Enable the Remote Support setting
Disable Bluetooth
Then remote works but Bluetooth on the phantom is not enabled.

I think i found that setting got reset to disabled once maybe re-installing or changing something and forgot about it.

COOL!
Bluetooth is not needed.
Just do a complete factory reset with dialog and phantoms and everything functions as before.
I have 3x remotes
(22-Oct-2018, 07:46)Johnnydev Wrote: Bluetooth is not needed.
Just do a complete factory reset with dialog and phantoms and everything functions as before.
I have 3x remotes

Right, powercycling the two Phantoms and after a minute reconnecting the Dialog did it. My remote is working again.

Thanks to all for their helpful comments.

I have Bluetooth disabled, but remote support enabled.

Additionally, their English is a bit confusing because when remote support is on it says "enable" (expressing a command as in Do-This-Now), but in fact it is already enabled....  "Enabled" would be the correct grammatical form expressing a state.