Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Resolution....anyway to improve...?
My plan so far will be to pick up 2 new play5's that went on sale today and a sub to compare. At least then I can settle it once and for all.
Hi

Will be grateful if you could share your thoughts with us...

But to be honest ... the very simple idea of having a Sub at home once again is currently unacceptable.. and my main argument (to convince wife) of one box for everything will be gone... 2 Play 5 and a sub are almost equal to one White Phantoms... pricewise ... in that case.. I may settle for the phantoms... Now need to put my Sonos Zone player, My Rotel Stereo Amp and my Kef Speakers up for sale to built my savings for the fifth Phantom...
but let me know your impression of the Play 5.

Cheers
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(25-Nov-2015, 12:28)BowlOfPetunias Wrote: My plan so far will be to pick up 2 new play5's that went on sale today and a sub to compare. At least then I can settle it once and for all.

Pls do share your experience on this.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(25-Nov-2015, 15:19)hk6230 Wrote:
(25-Nov-2015, 12:28)BowlOfPetunias Wrote: My plan so far will be to pick up 2 new play5's that went on sale today and a sub to compare.  At least then I can settle it once and for all.

Pls do share your experience on this.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I will of course share with the forum if I go ahead with the idea.  The 2 phantoms continue to really impress me and I've had exactly 0 problems with dropouts or weirdness from the Dialog so happy days there.

The results of the experiment I'm 100% sure would be that the Sonos setup would be inferior - the question of course if how inferior which has more to do with value perception I think than audio quality.

I bought the new Adele album the other day and have to say it sounds fantastic through the Phantoms, they really are incredible devices.