Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally a white power cable with Gold phantom
(10-Jul-2016, 09:42)Olivier4444 Wrote: I preordered mine in France - should be out very soon - end of july according to my local store.
The sales guy said the gold sounded incredibly good ...  and very close to my D200, that wasn't the case with silvers.

I think the downgrade in sound will be very marginal when compared to the D200.
However i see other advantages (my tv will sound better, phantoms are easier to operate, AirPlay is integrated finally, the looks, etc....)

I was chatting with a Devialet service rep and they mentioned that the Gold Phantom will be released in September!! Has anyone else heard about this date?
(13-Jul-2016, 17:59)Silvertouran Wrote: I still think that they missed a "Golden" (see what i did there?) opportunity by not puting a pair of analogue phono inputs on the rear to be used with conventional Preamps.

As someone who's had to fiddle with fitting an optical, ethernet and power cable into a single Phantom I would ruddy hope they'll stick future audio inputs on a future Dialogue v2 unit! Those Phantoms are appalling to work behind.

Dialog is awful in a few respects and desperately needs more features added to it to justify its existence. Reasons being:

1. Dialog/Spark software is pretty poor.
2. It's a rubber encased space heater which is as terrible as it sounds. On my Dialog the rubber started lifting up from the heat after the first few days of use. God knows what it'll look like after a few years.
3. Besides stereo support it offers very little value. In fact as a test I played some stereo music to a pair of Phantoms via optical connected to one of the Phantoms and unplugged the Dialog. Music carried on via stereo without any issue. Didn't try power cycling the Phantoms but I'm pretty sure Devialet could engineer the Phantoms to not need the Dialog at all.