Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver Isuue
(11-Nov-2015, 16:00)Pkarebe Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 14:52)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 14:26)Dazed and Confused Wrote: Thanks for your input guys, I'll try hard wiring them and see how I get on.....

Hi mate

If you dont want to hard wire them (I am trying to avoid at all costs because the freedom of placement was a major selling point for me)........then add a dedicated router in between your main router and the Dialogue

I am testing this at the moment and it seems to have stopped all cut outs thus far

Devialet actually reccomend this (in very small print Wink) using an Apple Aiport set to transmit over ethernet to the Dialogue

Hoep it helps avoid some of the pain and confusion I have been through Smile

Devialet's description is not about an additional router. It is about the only router in the network and Devialet thinks Apple Airport is a good device. That's all. Don't install a second router. It makes it just more complex.

Don't get dazed and confused. Use Ethernet cables for Dialog and Phantoms and maybe install a dedicated 1 Gigabit switch for them.

Quote from Devialet case about adding a second router (wifi disabled) to put dialogue on a different network

"I suggest : Internet router > Ethernet cable > Airport Express > Ethernet cable > Hub 4 ports > 3 Ethernet cables > Dialog + 2 Phantoms

(in this case you plug your Phantom devices with an ethernet cable to a hub 4 ports, you switch off the Wifi on your Airport Express so you have a dedicated network for your Phantom Setup. You connect your other devices on the internet router by ethernet cable or by Wifi)"
(11-Nov-2015, 13:11)Dazed and Confused Wrote: Hi All

I've just bought a pair Silver Phantoms, I've got them set up as a stereo pair.

It all works fine for a couple of hours, but then the left channel speaker drops off my network  Huh

It appears to happen intermittently too...

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Hello Dazed and Confused,

can you specify your network setup in detail, otherwise this will end in another Devialet blaming thread, for not beeing able to get your system run.

Cheers,

Krisp
...I experienced the dropout problem a couple of days ago. But after unpowering the Dialog for a couple of minutes and then power it up again and reistalling the system (resetting the units by pressing the button of the Dialog and Phantoms), the problem disappeared. It has now been playing for a week in a row without any issues.

My sources are TV through toslink, Tidal, and music from my hdd/computer in regular- and high-resolution formats.

I might add that my system is set up with both Phantoms and Dialog connected to the same power strip in my living room. The Dialog is connected to my router with a ordinary (no-name) CAT6 cable to my Airport Extreme ( last generation).

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
(12-Nov-2015, 16:16)Krisp Wrote:
(11-Nov-2015, 13:11)Dazed and Confused Wrote: Hi All

I've just bought a pair Silver Phantoms, I've got them set up as a stereo pair.

It all works fine for a couple of hours, but then the left channel speaker drops off my network  Huh

It appears to happen intermittently too...

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Hello Dazed and Confused,

can you specify your network setup in detail, otherwise this will end in another Devialet blaming thread, for not beeing able to get your system run.

Cheers,

Krisp

Exactly. There isn't enough information given here to know what is going on.

In my experience, loss of one channel is associated with bluetooth being in the mix somewhere, but that's just anecdotal.

How is your source getting music to the Phantoms?
(11-Nov-2015, 13:23)JohnnySix Wrote: You must be new around these parts.

Best reply ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a quick report back; I hardwired both Phantoms and the Dialog back to the router with ethernet cable. Everything now working perfectly ! Not acceptable really that it cant manage with its own inbuilt WIFI, but i'll live with it. Will report back if anything changes.