Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom/Spark Update Help
Thanks for the answer. Now there is firmware version 2.12.5. To update and manage I use devialet version 1.14 from google applications. I'm not so strong in dealing with devialet to know how to save their firmware - can you explain this procedure in more detail? I tried to do what you indicated - in this case, I had sounds from the woofers, as if the device was constantly rebooting, but the device was still normally controlled from the devialet application (there was still no sound). I do not understand how to fill it with the old firmware in this mode - if it is not difficult for you, could you explain this procedure in more detail?

I understood how to update - via the web interface. it remains to find the firmware .. Can you tell me where to get it?
(02-Apr-2021, 15:26)ragwo Wrote:
(02-Apr-2021, 15:06)EvPa Wrote:
(01-Apr-2021, 15:35)TechGuy Wrote: For reference airplay silver units serials end with EW08 or later.  Any silver with EW02 is Bluetooth but no airplay
And don't forget the earliest ZigBee ones without Bluetooth like my two Silver from early 2015.
Still pondering if I'm going to upgrade them...
Are you sure they're upgradable? As I understand the earliest version isn't DOS2 compatible.
Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear.

They're not compatible with DOS2, the upgrade I mentionned is the current offer where you trade your old Phantoms for the latest model (and cash, obviously).
(06-Apr-2021, 12:58)EvPa Wrote:
(02-Apr-2021, 15:26)ragwo Wrote:
(02-Apr-2021, 15:06)EvPa Wrote: And don't forget the earliest ZigBee ones without Bluetooth like my two Silver from early 2015.
Still pondering if I'm going to upgrade them...
Are you sure they're upgradable? As I understand the earliest version isn't DOS2 compatible.

They're not compatible with DOS2, the upgrade I mentionned is the current offer where you trade your old Phantoms for the latest model (and cash, obviously).
Thank you for the clarification. Out of curiosity; what is the trade in value for a first generation Phantom Silver?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(06-Apr-2021, 20:21)ragwo Wrote:
(06-Apr-2021, 12:58)EvPa Wrote:
(02-Apr-2021, 15:26)ragwo Wrote: Are you sure they're upgradable? As I understand the earliest version isn't DOS2 compatible.

Thank you for the clarification. Out of curiosity; what is the trade in value for a first generation Phantom Silver?

The trade in value depends on what you're purchasing:
  • 850€ if you replace it with a 103db (you pay 1,040€ instead of 1,890€)
  • 1,255€ if you go for a 108db (1,535€ instead of 2,790€)
  • 1,390€ if you want a 108db Opéra de Paris (1,700€ instead of 3,090€)

Source is my Devialet.com account's Upgrade page.
I also thought this is a very good offer from Devialet. So, I’m upgrading a 2015 Silver (in my case a BT version). My Silver arrived at Devialet. So now they can send me the new Phantom I 108 dB. Actually, when I bought the Silver it was a special offer from Devialet for first customers to add BT to the Phantoms. And I had to pay 1393€ instead of 1990€. The original Phantoms came with a BT2Optical module. Now receiving a trade in of 1255€ was like a no-brainer for me.
Traded 4 silvers to gold, very happy so far with the updated golds they use less energy and I have not had a single drop out since the switch... if this continues then I might update my other gold that randomly goes silent mid song then makes a static noise as the woofers make a full movement in and out and the gold then reboots it self...
(07-Apr-2021, 17:35)streamy Wrote: The original Phantoms came with a BT2Optical module.

The original ones in fact came with nothing Bluetooth-related at all, a bit after release Devialet offered a free Bluetooth-to-optical module between May and June 2015 (if I remember the dates correctly) for early purchasers.
(07-Apr-2021, 20:43)EvPa Wrote:
(07-Apr-2021, 17:35)streamy Wrote: The original Phantoms came with a BT2Optical module.

The original ones in fact came with nothing Bluetooth-related at all, a bit after release Devialet offered a free Bluetooth-to-optical module between May and June 2015 (if I remember the dates correctly) for early purchasers.

Indeed, you’re right. The BT2Optical box was sent later to early purchasers, when they started to sell the BT enabled Phantoms, when I recall correctly.