Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Phantom alternative
Cabasse introduced the pearl, a phantom like speaker. At least some competition for the phantoms? It is just as “pretty” as the phantom but the specs look good. Wonder how good the software is and if it has latency problems.

http://www.cabasse.com/en/the-pearl-by-cabasse/
http://www.passionhomecinema.fr/blog/ind...t-phantom/
2 Phantom silver, 2 reactor 900
Looks nice, quite expensive though. It's interesting to see that Devialet has just released a cheaper Phantom option while the competition released a more expensive one.

Cabasse is quite a master when it comes to make bubble like loudspeakers. But I like the Phantoms more.

The 10" woofer sounds interesting, with 1000W RMS! (Power war has started, talking RMS is a nice touch). But I hope they managed to deal with vibrations, which is one advantage of the opposite woofers of the Phantoms. And I can't help thinking that a stand is missing...

I like the RCA inputs and room correction. Two features definitely missing on the Premier line.

Competition is always good.
Cabasse wishes it was able to innovate technology like Devialet.
(22-Oct-2018, 17:17)invictus005 Wrote: Cabasse wishes it was able to innovate technology like Devialet.

Yes, old man got run over by the young generation. Still, kudos to them sticking to the spherical design and Specs similar to the Phantoms.What is their max SPL?
Wow looks great!! Almost same price as the Golds after the recent price hike?

And the competition will be great - especially if they still the software right first time that’s some seriousness pressure on a Devialet

I just bought some KEF LS50 wireless and they are miles ahead with the software and features (tilt / high pass filters / basic room correction / no lag when opening the app to adjust volume and pause etc)

And soundwise really not much in it at first “glance” Smile
(22-Oct-2018, 17:17)invictus005 Wrote: Cabasse wishes it was able to innovate technology like Devialet.

Isn’t that what they’re doing here? Or did you mean they more closely follow Devialet’s innovation model - ie release the hardware before finishing the software and other vital parts of the ecosystem.... and promise it will come later.

Would be interested to hear them and see in action. They’d have to be good at that price.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

There doesn't seem to be any details about any new technology in this product.

For something more interesting (and perhaps something devialet can do in phantom), check out this tech in kii three:

https://www.kiiaudio.com/acoustics.php
(22-Oct-2018, 21:46)Jamington2004 Wrote: Wow looks great!! Almost same price as the Golds after the recent price hike?

And the competition will be great - especially if they still the software right first time that’s some seriousness pressure on a Devialet

I just bought some KEF LS50 wireless and they are miles ahead with the software and features (tilt / high pass filters / basic room correction / no lag when opening the app to adjust volume and pause etc)

And soundwise really not much in it at first “glance” Smile

While the LS50s are nice speakers, comparing them to the Phantom Golds is like comparing a pre WWII crop duster to a Saturn V rocket.
i beg to differ…..from an audiophile point of view, the ls50 is ahead of the phantom in sheer sound quality (of my silvers at least) and i also have a pair of kii 3 which is another level altogether….but at a different price of entry point…..but happy for you to feel otherwise….
LS50 Wireless versus Phantom Gold...................I though the Golds were much better sound-wise than the Kef?
(we know that software Kef is better)

I've never heard either and am looking for opinions.