Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom connectivity
No need to purchase anything. PLC is built in.
Good news,

I had contact with Devialet technical support over the past days and they advised me to connect the Toslink to one of the Phantoms instead of the Dialog. I did just that this afternoon, and to my surprise I have not heard a single drop or other artefact over the last 2 hours. Normally I get drops around every 10 minutes or so this is definitely an improvement. They suggested that my Dialog may be broken somehow. I will keep you guys posted on how this evolves...

So far, I have nothing than good to report about Devialet tech support...
2 Phantom Gold's + Dialog. Sony Bravia TV + Mopidy server (Mac Mini playing from a network connected 4bay QNAP NAS) + Minix Neo U1 + Lindy A/D convertor connected through a Lindy 4x1 Optical switch.
(27-Oct-2016, 19:48)Delgul Wrote: Good news,

I had contact with Devialet technical support over the past days and they advised me to connect the Toslink to one of the Phantoms instead of the Dialog. I did just that this afternoon, and to my surprise I have not heard a single drop or other artefact over the last 2 hours. Normally I get drops around every 10 minutes or so this is definitely an improvement. They suggested that my Dialog may be broken somehow. I will keep you guys posted on how this evolves...

So far, I have nothing than good to report about Devialet tech support...

I use my Dialog with Toslink and there is no problem with mine.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I have my Intel NUC running Roon connected via toslink to the Dialog and experience drop out every 20 mins or so, my Turntable/phono is connected via toslink to one of the Phantoms and never experiences a drop out. Everything is hard wired via Ethernet so I would suggest the problem lies with Dialog.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Update: They offered to replace my Dialog free of charge. Didn't have to ask anything. After I reported the Toslink worked perfectly when connected to the Phantoms, the offer came immediately. I am now in the process of exchanging it.

Perfect customer-support as far as I am concerned...
2 Phantom Gold's + Dialog. Sony Bravia TV + Mopidy server (Mac Mini playing from a network connected 4bay QNAP NAS) + Minix Neo U1 + Lindy A/D convertor connected through a Lindy 4x1 Optical switch.
Can Devialet fix issues remotely? I got in touch with the help line and was asked to send a report from the settings in Dialog. I did this and since then have had no drop outs. I hope it continues to be like this and if it does I am suitably impressed.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(06-Nov-2016, 19:04)misterpete Wrote: Can Devialet fix issues remotely? I got in touch with the help line and was asked to send a report from the settings in Dialog. I did this and since then have had no drop outs. I hope it continues to be like this and if it does I am suitably impressed.

I think it's just a coincidence, you'll have to accept a firmware update in Spark before installation. If you use the report option in Spark, I assume Devialet gets info about your setup and could look into your problem with more background data.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
make sure you have a strong Wifi and everything else will run smoothly. In the unlikely case you experience problems setting them up, make sure you do the connection wizard when having the Phantoms close to the Dialog. After the wizard is completed, you can place the speakers to their place.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net