Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom elevate set up problem
Hello 
Hope someone can help.

Im new to Devialet and have recently got 2 Phantom Elevates and Dialog. 

I have an issue I can’t seem to resolve.

When setting up via spark I place one phantom Left and the other Right as it prompts.  Streaming via Tidal sounds just as hoped - fantastic. However when playing my stored flac files from my music server either via UPnP or directly via an optical cable (I’ve tried both) it breaks up and shifts intermittently between the phantoms.

I then as a test tried placing them both in the middle setting (mix) rather than left and right. This ensured the music played smoothly from the server via UPnP or optical. Two problems however:

1. Although it played smoothly it doesn’t sound as good as when in stereo and is not delivering what they can or what I paid for.

2. Oddly, in this set up (both in mix) the Tidal streaming did the same issue and failed to play properly to both phantoms and split and broke up. 

Apologies if if I have not done something obvious but would really appreciate some help as this has been driving me mad trying to fix!

Hope someone can help......
Tom
(29-Nov-2017, 00:01)tsmithpam Wrote: Hello 
Hope someone can help.

Im new to Devialet and have recently got 2 Phantom Elevates and Dialog. 

I have an issue I can’t seem to resolve.

When setting up via spark I place one phantom Left and the other Right as it prompts.  Streaming via Tidal sounds just as hoped - fantastic. However when playing my stored flac files from my music server either via UPnP or directly via an optical cable (I’ve tried both) it breaks up and shifts intermittently between the phantoms.

I then as a test tried placing them both in the middle setting (mix) rather than left and right. This ensured the music played smoothly from the server via UPnP or optical. Two problems however:

1. Although it played smoothly it doesn’t sound as good as when in stereo and is not delivering what they can or what I paid for.

2. Oddly, in this set up (both in mix) the Tidal streaming did the same issue and failed to play properly to both phantoms and split and broke up. 

Apologies if if I have not done something obvious but would really appreciate some help as this has been driving me mad trying to fix!

Hope someone can help......
Tom

Do this and i think it would solve your problems:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic..._site=true
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I have reset both phantom and dialog in the sequence set in the link you have sent a number of times but the problem remains unfortunately. Any other ideas anyone??...
Have had kind of the same issue, which usually happens after I have powered on my golds after being away for days. Then it takes a while for them to settle in again and decide how to communicate. Dunno if this is your problem but it usually settles down for me after a few hours (!!) and works fine after that.

There are threads about how the connections between dialog and phantoms might affect audio.
Yes, as Deezel says. Check in Spark that both phantoms use the same connection method. Either PLC, wifi or ethernet for both. If connection is via PLC (the power cord), are both speakers and Dialog on the same circuit? Did you connect optical to Dialog or one of the speakers?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks for reply. I’ve only had them a few days and to be honest have not played for longer than a few mins each time before the issue occurs. I then stop it playing and spend the rest of my time trying different things to fix it! It’s ok from tidal in left right mode though.

I think I’m focusing on it being an issue with how dialog distributes from the fed in. My plan tonight is to directly connect the optical to one phantom and see if this helps.

So frustrated as it sounds so good when it works from tidal but if I can’t play my library there are no good for my needs.

I’ll let you know if my tests helps. Any other ideas welcomed
(29-Nov-2017, 14:04)ogs Wrote: Yes, as Deezel says. Check in Spark that both phantoms use the same connection method. Either PLC, wifi or ethernet for both. If connection is via PLC (the power cord), are both speakers and Dialog on the same circuit? Did you connect optical to Dialog or one of the speakers?

Hi
Thanks. I’m not at home to Check right now but how do I ch ck in spark on the connection method please? 

The two phantoms are plugged in different places in the room so may have a different circuit. One phantom is next to dialog and shares the same double socket. The other is on a different socket.  Is that what you mean?

I have plugged optical direct to dialog not one of the speakers. I will try one tonight. How will it play to the other phantom if not into dialog to share? Sorry if I’ve not understood.
I had issues when going optical to dialog and then regardless of wifi, plc or ethernet to the phantoms (one of the phantoms would cut out for a sec every few minutes). Now I go optical to one phantom and run wifi. Dialog is connected to router via cat6 ethernet.
(29-Nov-2017, 14:14)Deezel Wrote: I had issues when going optical to dialog and then regardless of wifi, plc or ethernet to the phantoms (one of the phantoms would cut out for a sec every few minutes). Now I go optical to one phantom and run wifi. Dialog is connected to router via cat6 ethernet.

Hi
I have the Dialog connected direct to route via the ethernet cable it came with. I am currently feeding optical into the dialog. I will try tonight the optical into just one phantom. Do I need to change anything in Spark to ensure it plays to both now it is not going into dialog. 

Whilst I will definitely try this I suspect i will still have problems as it happens also on UPnP as well as optical. There could be something in the point raised earlier about which circuit the dialog and two phantoms connect to. 

I'll update later on how I get on......Hopeful and grateful for your ideas...
(29-Nov-2017, 14:13)tsmithpam Wrote:
(29-Nov-2017, 14:04)ogs Wrote: Yes, as Deezel says. Check in Spark that both phantoms use the same connection method. Either PLC, wifi or ethernet for both. If connection is via PLC (the power cord), are both speakers and Dialog on the same circuit? Did you connect optical to Dialog or one of the speakers?

Hi
Thanks. I’m not at home to Check right now but how do I ch ck in spark on the connection method please? 

The two phantoms are plugged in different places in the room so may have a different circuit. One phantom is next to dialog and shares the same double socket. The other is on a different socket.  Is that what you mean?

I have plugged optical direct to dialog not one of the speakers. I will try one tonight. How will it play to the other phantom if not into dialog to share? Sorry if I’ve not understood.

Unfortunately I do not have Phantoms at the moment. There is a place in Spark that informs what connection is used for the speakers. Maybe Deezel can help here?  If the Speakers default to PLC it may affect performance if you use different power circuits. Good luck with testing. It is not good to start with lots of problems! Keep the spirit - I am sure you'll find a solution!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB