Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB to Phantom/Dialog - operational?
Thanks for all the apple suggestions... but as you can see from the original post, I'm stuck in the Windows world...Smile Wouldn't mind switching to the apple world if it was not so difficult to relearn a paradigm (I've tried) and have to repurchase hardward.

MtnGuy
I'm in Microsoft World too and bypass Spark with a Squeezebox Touch. All you need is a SB Touch, Duet or Classic and Logitech Media Server installed on your computer. You can stream both local and online sources with no hassle. Logitech pulled the plug on the Squeezebox project some years ago, so you have to buy the hardware second hand. The price in Norway is approximately £40 for a Duet and £100 for a Touch, both used. The media server is updated regularly by fans and is way more stable than before Logitech abandoned the project. All is open source I believe.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Jul-2015, 18:44)alandbush Wrote:
(18-Jul-2015, 13:19)Phs Wrote: If you use Apple devices to play your music my advice would be: get yourself an Apple Airport Express, hook it to the optical port of Phantom or Dialog and just use Airplay to play directly from your favorite music app. You can then forget about Spark after setting the global volume once ( 70 in my case)
PH

@MountainGuy: Perhaps the above is a solution.

AirPort Express can be used with windows running iTunes to redirect the music output to the optical output of the AirPort Express.
Since the music is converted to 16/44.1 apple lossless format on the way to the AirPort Express, you will not gain from higher resolution music.
What I don't like either is the fact, that the volume control is done on the digital path and not at the end in the amplifier. This would also be the case for the Logitech solution.
I'm looking forward to the new remote for the phantoms, with which I expect to directly control the amplification and be free to use any output that the Dialog could receive from.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Thanks!

MtnGuy
Another very good way to use the optical input is the Connect module from Sonos. It has an optical output. After having set the volume in the dialog to the maximum (100 in my case) you will enjoy all your favorite music through the Sonos app wich is fantastic. You can, even, disconnect the dialog from your network!
(01-Jan-2018, 08:34)Humphrey Wrote: Another very good way to use the optical input is the Connect module from Sonos. It has an optical output. After having set the volume in the dialog to the maximum (100 in my case) you will enjoy all your favorite music through the Sonos app wich is fantastic. You can, even, disconnect the dialog from your network!

Yes, but the SQ by using sonos is less then by using dialog and spark!