Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom gold vs silver
(07-Sep-2016, 10:23)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 10:06)Olivier4444 Wrote: According to my Devialet reseller Golds and Silvers have really a different sound.
Silvers have more impressive bass and are most recommended for bars and parties ; bass are always present.
Golds were made for customers who wanted a more HIFI sound... better highs and mediums and a little less bass ... yet still incredibly powerful !

This is from Devialet themselves:

"To sum-up you can consider the Gold Phantom as an Audiophile Phantom, it is much more refined (thanks to new technologies and new tweeter). So this is the one for classical music."

Guillaume

I am even more enthusiastic about listening to a pair of Golds now! Let us hope Devialet makes an Audiophile version of Dialog too..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
It is for classical music indeed but not only... Pop and alternative music sounds as good !
Been 5 days i've been running them for 8-10hrs each day at volume 55-65. They have opened up some. It is clear to me now that the gold doesn't induce the kind of listening fatigue I used to experience with the silver on longer stretches especially at higher volumes. Been a joy!