Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom remote problem!!!
(17-Mar-2020, 11:40)alandbush Wrote:
(17-Mar-2020, 01:13)Rudolph Wrote:
(16-Mar-2020, 20:14)eladeb Wrote: Move to DOS2
I will check out if it's possible.

Noooooo!!! Don’t do it.
You could replace a minor issue with several issues, or even a major issue.
You will lose Spark, if that’s relevant etc. etc.
It seems DOS 2 is not my choice and I have no guaranty the DOS can solve the problem even it says "pairing by demand".
I prefer the Radio stations (my fave is working perfect) and I like the speaker to the work instead of my PC.
I doen't think Devialet will correct the problem despite I find it serious.
Thanks for all replies.
I have dos2 with two golds.
I quite happy about it.
Had some cathedral affect at the beginning and sync issues.

But that's all in the past.
The setup with dos2 works well.
Please don't update to DOS2 - you mention Radio Stations and its a challenge to get Radio playing when you compare DOS1 to DOS2. I would not recommend anyone who uses the Radio in Spark (DOS1) to upgrade without taking note of the restrictions in DOS2.

kantblue
(17-Mar-2020, 22:12)kantblue Wrote: Please don't update to DOS2 - you mention Radio Stations and its a challenge to get Radio playing when you compare DOS1 to DOS2. I would not recommend anyone who uses the Radio in Spark (DOS1) to upgrade without taking note of the restrictions in DOS2.

kantblue
With DOS 2 it's possible to play radio through Upnp, however you need 2 devices switched on.
With Spark you can switch off the PC and let the speaker play. That's what I prefer (I have no Dialog only one Gold).
Are you telling me your remote works without batteries in it? If yes I want your remote and you can have mine!

DOS2 it’s fine but it’s shit without radio!
Here is cheep app I found “Creation 5”
It’s take a few days to get use to design
And it’s not so premium looking but it’s work with radio over upnp and once you play radio you can close app and nothing will interfere as on airplay when you get call on your phone that you use for casting and music will stop. But hey let’s push devialet to bring radio on new app. We can do it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Un-install and Re-install Spark.
Unpair the Bluetooth of your Phantoms in your OS (Mac Or Windows)
If i remember well the remote is paired with the Phantom but its seems the reset has no effect on Spark.
You probably have a wrong state in Spark.
Now I understand it has nothing to do with the remote itself but the app didn't switch properly to the right profile.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(18-Mar-2020, 11:12)daibaron Wrote: Un-install and Re-install Spark.
Unpair the Bluetooth of your Phantoms in your OS (Mac Or Windows)
If i remember well the remote is paired with the Phantom but its seems the reset has no effect on Spark.
You probably have a wrong state in Spark.
Now I understand it has nothing to do with the remote itself but the app didn't switch properly to the right profile.
I have no Bluetooth on my PC and can't unpair.
It's a default setup enabling the remote even Bluetooth is switched off.
That's why Devialet changed the settings many years ago.
I change the settings manually but find it annoying. 
I would have bought a Reactor but I'm tired of problems with the software. Too bad because they have the best product in this segment.
Off course you should upgrade - you will get much better sound and way better connection to the remote (speakers reacts much faster on remote touch). Also you will get rid of spark which is not supported anymore
(30-Mar-2020, 16:01)Hsoeby Wrote: Off course you should upgrade - you will get much better sound and way better connection to the remote (speakers reacts much faster on remote touch). Also you will get rid of spark which is not supported anymore
Will I be able to disable Bluetooth incl. the Bluetooth for the remote?
Bluetooth is a high security risk and I don't want it.
I don't need the remote.
In the preset 2.9.0 firmware
Its pretty stable....

Go for it!!!