Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom with Innuos?
Does anybody know if it’s possible to connect an Innuos music server/ripper to a Dialog?
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
Not directly I think. Innous only has USB and Ethernet digital outputs (AFAIK) so you'd need a format converter of some kind. A Mutec MC-1.2 or a MC-3+USB to get from USB to Toslink will do the job. There are probably other cheaper devices too. Question is if the Innous will recognise and work with any of these USB devices.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(11-Aug-2019, 19:54)MightyMart Wrote: Does anybody know if it’s possible to connect an Innuos music server/ripper to a Dialog?
I think it is possible using UPnP but when I checked the Innuos website, it was vague
http://www.innuos.com/en/go/manual-playing-music-upnp
http://www.innuos.com/en/go/innuos-manual

The controlling App that I recommend is BubbleUpnp on Android. Am using MinimServer to Dialog and a pair of Golds.
Thanks guys for your feedback! It all sounds a bit too technical to me though...

What I’m looking for is a foolproof hardware solution where I basically just have to plug in a cable or two and voila! Guess that would be to ask for too much.

I must say, that Devialet are hard to beat sound quality-wise but they really have a lot to catch up to when it comes to software stability and compatibility.

If I ever were to buy a pair of Phantoms, I would first have to know that I’m not entirely dependent on Devialet software. Hence my question about pairing up a Innuos to a Dialog.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -