Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phantoms and home cinema
Does anyone know a solution applicable to Windows 7?
I would like to offset all video coming out of the computer so it's always in sync no matter what application or webstream im looking at. Im using my phantoms a lot to youtube, couple of streaming services like netflix and so, and i have no solution to offset the video/sound in the TV (which is my HDMI switch)
-- Devialet 200 / Duevel Planet's / USB to Win10 laptop --
Previously owned: D250 and Silver Phantom Duo.
There's no global solution for our case where we need to shift the soundtrack *ahead* of the video. The best you can do is try to choose one Media Player to play all your video & movie content (such as JRiver), and then use it's Advanced Settings to add a "negative time delay" to the audio (-150ms works well for me).

Interestingly, I also use an Elgato Game Capture device to watch my TiVo through my MacMini... and its inherent video delay helps to sync up with the Phantom sound. The massive drawback is that there is about 5 sec between the TiVo feed and what you see on the TV! (so using the remote control is an art).
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(27-Oct-2015, 06:12)AdamInHiltonHead Wrote: Hi All -

I've had my 2 Silver Phantoms, Dialogue and Remote for about a month.  The first couple of weeks were very frustrating.  Now I'm much happier.  Let me share what helped me - then I need some advice:
  • Provider sends hi-speed Internet to ...........deleted text
I will be happy to help further - just let me know! I'd be happy to send (or post) a simple diagram of the proper setup if anyone asks.  ....................deleted text

Please share your thoughts about connecting Digital/Optical/Toslink Source to the Phantom - or whether or not we 'actually can' connect to the Dialogue itself?  Please tell me if my Optical Cable didn't seat into my Dialogue because I just had an oversized shielding/boot to my Toslink Cable?  I want to understand this!

Adam, yes, please post a diagram of your setup.  

My thoughts on how to connect are in the attached....these thoughts are more like set up questions as  I am waiting to get my system and have not done this yet.   I wanted to go to a wired system on a virtual private network to avoid dropouts and attain software stability.    If anyone has achived this, please sketch components and links and show how it was done.   And clarify if a power bar for clean power/surge protection was used in your audio/video phantom stereo TV watching system.  And if it was, was it necessary to have all components on the same circuit and plugged into the same surge power bar?

note that what i am trying to do in the attached diagram is to have a phantom stereo system for tv audio in the den, and a phantom stereo pair in the frontroom for stereo listening.  all phantoms are on the VPN.  There are other computers that need internet and they get their LAN connections off the first router, is now a SHAW, but need to go to a CISCO as the SHAW router is not able to go into BRIDGE MODE.   So I have to change routers and get the apple airport extreme and an 8 port switch.    Has anyone implemented such a configuration?   What are the problems with this setup?   Thank you.

(03-Nov-2015, 08:28)karebe Wrote: .......Why do you need a VPN? 

.................Why do you need the Apple Airport Extreme? It would be an expensive solution just for extending the wireless range.

Unfortunately I cannot see the beginning and end of your description.

Maybe a separate forum thread for network should be created.

Thanks Karebe for the info.   I dont know if I need a VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK (VPN).   Several on this forum recommended it to minimize stability issues.    The Apple Airport Extreme was to allow creation of the VPN, not to extend wireless range as my phantom network is all LAN wired.

Yes, a separate forum thread for network is needed.    Should be split to separate those trying a wireless network approach, and those going to a wired network approach.
I think this device could be the solution to delay video:
http://proav.roland.com/products/vc-1-dl/
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/98...video.html

You can see how it works here with diagrams:
http://www.vc1series.com/home-2/vc-1-dl/

It seems to be able to delay video (up to 4,5 frames, which means 187 ms).

795 dollars is a bit too much for this purpose alone... But why not?

What do you think?
Agree this is also the cheapest solution I found when doing a search among broadcast video delays.
The max delay offered by this device is just enough to cover for Phantom delay, hoping a new update by Devialet doesn't increase this latency Smile
I would not buy it though since my goal when switching to Phantom was to go for the leanest setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have found it at a cheaper price :
http://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_vc_1_sh_...u_hdmi.htm

It seems to me that it is a very good solution.

At last, I have found something usable...
(10-Nov-2015, 10:43)Phs Wrote: I would not buy it though since my goal when switching to Phantom was to go for the leanest setup.

Yes, I agree. I'm not happy about that too.
Because it means that I need to keep my AV receiver in order to be able to link all my HDMI inputs to this device...
(10-Nov-2015, 10:45)fgueho Wrote: I have found it at a cheaper price :
http://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_vc_1_sh_...u_hdmi.htm

It seems to me that it is a very good solution.

At last, I have found something usable...

This one is not the VC-1-DL with the frame delay feature. It's just SDI/HDMI conversion.
(10-Nov-2015, 11:11)nigelb001 Wrote: This one is not the VC-1-DL with the frame delay feature. It's just SDI/HDMI conversion.

Oh, Yes. True. Bummer!
So 795 dollars, it is... Sad

(I have found it at 690€ in France)