Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phantoms for gaming and TV setup
(29-Oct-2017, 08:08)antilles Wrote: I have the A1. The acoustic surface might exceed the very low standard set by other sets, but it is still very poor acoustically. Quite distorted and compares poorly to even fairly cheap box speakers, even though it does go loud, has a good quantity of bass and a fairly convincing surround effect.

And Phantoms will still have lag with shows (for some inexplicable reason Sony decided to omit any offset controls on their flagship TV, or much of anything in fact), it might not be game over critical but at least for me 150-200ms is well into what's bothersome, and at the price, completely unacceptable. The proper thing for people in our position to do is to not support Devialet until they can be bothered to fix their product. Even while the sound itself is sublime. This isn't the future, this is inadequate technical specification crippling a product.

Thanks for the input on the A1, seems like it won't pair very well with the Phantoms then. 

So what would the best option be? Maybe go with the Bang & Olufsen Eclipse for good sound, picture and low input lag compared to the Sony and then add the Phantoms as a separate Music setup?
Just get some Beolab 50s. They should sync perfectly an they're only about £20,000. A snip Wink
(30-Oct-2017, 02:01)Gremlin Wrote: Just get some Beolab 50s. They should sync perfectly an they're only about £20,000. A snip Wink

Haha, if I had space for them and that kind of money to spend on speakers maybe  Tongue They are very nice speakers though. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited to try the Phantom Golds, I just need a good nicely designed setup to cover, gaming, tv and music. How har can it be  Cool
I have my TV optical out go directly to my left Phantom. No lag whatsoever.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Which TV-model are you using?
LG B6 allows you to sync of audio on the optical out in the LG audio settings ( not sure if the same on the B7). I've got optical to Phantom and there's no issue with sync
So you mean you do have lag, but your TV allows you to compensate for it?
(05-Nov-2017, 01:53)Jon Wrote: LG B6 allows you to sync of audio on the optical out in the LG audio settings ( not sure if the same on the B7). I've got optical to Phantom and there's no issue with sync

I have a Samsung F9000 and also the same sync option and no issue with sinc
yes there is lag but the LG B6 allows you to adjust
Hi, just wanted to get back to you about using the Phantoms for gaming.

I've connected my Phantoms golds to my LG C7 through optical on the left Phantom and tried some TV-shows from the ATV 4K and gaming on the PS4 Pro, and it actually works quite good. Gaming is epic, makes me want 5.5 surround now. Haven't been able to test that many games yet but Battlefield 1 which is competitive and fast paced works well, no noticeable lag (even though there's probably some).

In the LG sound settings I chose optical out only, and instead of trying to correct the audio sync with the slider I chose bypass. It's not perfect but way better than i though.