Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phantoms for gaming and TV setup
(24-Jan-2018, 17:01)Soundside Wrote: Hi, just wanted to get back to you about using the Phantoms for gaming.

I've connected my Phantoms golds to my LG C7 through optical on the left Phantom and tried some TV-shows from the ATV 4K and gaming on the PS4 Pro, and it actually works quite good. Gaming is epic, makes me want 5.5 surround now. Haven't been able to test that many games yet but Battlefield 1 which is competitive and fast paced works well, no noticeable lag (even though there's probably some).

In the LG sound settings I chose optical out only, and instead of trying to correct the audio sync with the slider I chose bypass. It's not perfect but way better than i though.

Hey Soundside,
Late reply but I'm curious... Did you ever get your remotes to control the volume?  I have a similar setup as you (LB B7) with optical out to my Dialog (which send signal to Phantoms).  My sound is great but, currently, am forced to use Spark to control the volume.  I previously had a Visio sound bar and the remotes worked great on that -- I don't know why the Dialog wouldn't support volume control.  
Please let me know if you happen to get this Smile
Thanks!
i also use my golds for online gaming and i am fine with that. My delay is about 120-150ms.
@Soundside Its possible to control the Phantoms by your tv remote control, buts a little bit complicated.
Phantom Bridge script (search forum), EventGhost and the Pulse eight USB - CEC Adapter should do the magic.
CEC Adapter catches your pressed remote buttons and forwards them to EventGhost. EventGhost sends the commands to the phantom brdige.
Hi, @gyangage and @da2001

I haven't found a perfect solution yet. Been thinking about getting the Devialet remote but it doesn't seem to be to as useful as it should be. For comparison I've used the Beosound Essence remote before which is awesome and has play/pause/forwrd buttons also, and I wish that the Devialet remote would work the same way.

Anyway, I do own a NEEO Remote that I want to use to control the phantoms along with my TV and ATV 4K. Seems though that it isn't just plug and play, but I know that some people here has gotten it to work. Any thoughts or guides in how to get the NEEO to work?

Or any other good solutions out there? Wouldn't mind controlling the phantoms with the ATV remote for example.
(26-Jun-2018, 14:54)Soundside Wrote: Anyway, I do own a NEEO Remote that I want to use to control the phantoms along with my TV and ATV 4K. Seems though that it isn't just plug and play, but I know that some people here has gotten it to work. Any thoughts or guides in how to get the NEEO to work?

got also a neeo remote working with my phantoms, but my way is a little bit different. Neeo controls my home automation and my home automation controls the phantoms. the only reason for that is to visualize the actual volume state. 
i didn´t found a solution (till yet) to control the player states like "pause/stop/forward/.."
(26-Jun-2018, 14:54)Soundside Wrote: Hi, @gyangage and @da2001

I haven't found a perfect solution yet. Been thinking about getting the Devialet remote but it doesn't seem to be to as useful as it should be. For comparison I've used the Beosound Essence remote before which is awesome and has play/pause/forwrd buttons also, and I wish that the Devialet remote would work the same way.

Anyway, I do own a NEEO Remote that I want to use to control the phantoms along with my TV and ATV 4K. Seems though that it isn't just plug and play, but I know that some people here has gotten it to work. Any thoughts or guides in how to get the NEEO to work?

Or any other good solutions out there? Wouldn't mind controlling the phantoms with the ATV remote for example.

I use a raspberry pi 3 (built in hdmi-cec) to listen to the hdmi-cec commands that the Apple TV sends via the remote and then control the phantoms via upnp. Have worked fine for me since I implemented it. Apple TV is connected on hdmi 1 and the raspberry pi on hdmi 2. You can find the code here: https://github.com/twalther/phantom-hdmi-cec
So how do we hook up two phantoms with optical to a TV with a single optical in?
Crutchfield can suck a fat baby arm. 
(05-Mar-2021, 17:41)BAMBAMODA Wrote: So how do we hook up two phantoms with optical to a TV with a single optical in?

If you are using the optical direct mode you'll need a toslink splitter. It's about €10 on eBay, Amazon or similar. If you use the speakers as normal, and the speakers are set up as a pair in the Devialet app, a toslink connection to the one of the speakers is sufficient. The speakers will sort out the rest by themselves. You'll get a minimum of 60 ms latency in normal mode. In optical direct mode it's about 1 ms.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(05-Mar-2021, 19:30)ragwo Wrote:
(05-Mar-2021, 17:41)BAMBAMODA Wrote: So how do we hook up two phantoms with optical to a TV with a single optical in?

If you are using the optical direct mode you'll need a toslink splitter. It's about €10 on eBay, Amazon or similar. If you use the speakers as normal, and the speakers are set up as a pair in the Devialet app, a toslink connection to the one of the speakers is sufficient. The speakers will sort out the rest by themselves. You'll get a minimum of 60 ms latency in normal mode. In optical direct mode it's about 1 ms.

Thank you
Crutchfield can suck a fat baby arm. 

Another connection question from an audio noob for optical direct mode; 
optical out with toslink of the bluray player, splitter, 2 toslinks to both the Phantoms? That would work to get the audio over the Phantoms?
(08-Mar-2021, 23:09)Erwinh Wrote:

Another connection question from an audio noob for optical direct mode; 
optical out with toslink of the bluray player, splitter, 2 toslinks to both the Phantoms? That would work to get the audio over the Phantoms?

Should work like a charm!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage