Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms in the Ice Cream Shop!
Make sure the Dialogue and the router share the same IP range on a private network other than guest settings.
Sometimes your Internet provider's set top Box have protocols or services disabled by default.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(26-Oct-2018, 18:10)misterhon Wrote:
(26-Oct-2018, 16:05)AudioMan Wrote: I am here with technician now and we've done almost everything imaginable and we still can't get the Spark app to find the Dialog.
Any ideas?

The white light is solid and not flashing? Have you done the reboot button-pressing sequence yet?
Yes, after each reboot the light goes white and stays consistent. 
(26-Oct-2018, 18:48)daibaron Wrote: Make sure the Dialogue and the router share the same IP range on a private network other than guest settings.
Sometimes your Internet provider's set top Box have protocols or services disabled by default.
The internet tech/engineer attempted multiple configurations, protocols, etc. with the network but still nothing. I asked for him to provide with me a breakdown of what all he did so I could share it with y'all and Devialet to ensure we didn't miss anything. I will post it as soon as I receive it.
(26-Oct-2018, 14:19)daibaron Wrote: Hi,

Connect it via Ethernet.
WiFi is your very last option
No Bluetooth. This is isn't secured and be aware no password is needed to connect a Phantom.
My thinking as well! Thanks for the confirmation. 
Funny thing now is, I can't get one of the Phantoms to connect via Bluetooth... 
(26-Oct-2018, 14:42)Donny Wrote: Hello. My system is set exactly the way it is in your diagram. However, you can replace your router/modem+internet with internet from your mobile hotspot+laptop (the laptop is linked to hotspot and is bridged in the settings to output the mobile internet via its Ethernet port).
This way you have alternative source of internet/router without the original router. It should work. If it doesn't, then maybe the fault is not with the original router.

I have tried this method a few times.

Rgds
Okay, great. We will try that out. Thanks!
Here are the steps the internet provider's engineer performed to access the Devialet Dialog:

Created a separate Devialet LAN 192.168.11.1/24 on port 2 of the FortiWifi 30E.
Created a policy on the FortiWifi 30E to allow all access from Devialet LAN 192.168.11.1/24 to the WAN
Created a policy on the router with port forwarding rules to port forward 24242 TCP/UDP traffic from the WAN IP to the LAN IP of the Devialet Dialog 192.168.11.2
Created a Policy on the router to allow all access from the Wireless LAN 192.168.3.1/24 & the LAN 192.168.5.1/24 to the Devialet LAN.
Successfully pinged from both the Wireless LAN and LAN to the Devialet Dialog, but was unable to locate the Dialog using the Spark app on both droid and apple products.
Successfully pinged from my iPhone to the Devialet Dialog at 192.168.11.2, but still unable to connect using the app.
I will contact the support at Fortinet to validate the port forwarding settings mentioned in the email correspondence with Garrett, as a last option I would suggest putting the Wireless LAN and the Devialet Dialog on the same network Devialet LAN 192.168.11.1/24, but this would require the purchase of another NetGear switch ~$109.
(26-Oct-2018, 20:42)AudioMan Wrote: Here are the steps the internet provider's engineer performed to access the Devialet Dialog:

Created a separate Devialet LAN 192.168.11.1/24 on port 2 of the FortiWifi 30E.
Created a policy on the FortiWifi 30E to allow all access from Devialet LAN 192.168.11.1/24 to the WAN
Created a policy on the router with port forwarding rules to port forward 24242 TCP/UDP traffic from the WAN IP to the LAN IP of the Devialet Dialog 192.168.11.2
Created a Policy on the router to allow all access from the Wireless LAN 192.168.3.1/24 & the LAN 192.168.5.1/24 to the Devialet LAN.
Successfully pinged from both the Wireless LAN and LAN to the Devialet Dialog, but was unable to locate the Dialog using the Spark app on both droid and apple products.
Successfully pinged from my iPhone to the Devialet Dialog at 192.168.11.2, but still unable to connect using the app.
I will contact the support at Fortinet to validate the port forwarding settings mentioned in the email correspondence with Garrett, as a last option I would suggest putting the Wireless LAN and the Devialet Dialog on the same network Devialet LAN 192.168.11.1/24, but this would require the purchase of another NetGear switch ~$109.

It sounds like your WiFi LAN (potentially shared with customers) may not have a way to talk to the "Devialet LAN" directly, which makes perfect sense. Can your tech set up another WiFi network to be part of the "Devialet LAN", so that Spark will be talking to the Dialog within the same (V)LAN?
Your Dialog acts as a router but it has to be on the same sub network no cross network LAN to WAN is possible.
No need to make multiples policies or static route it's too complicated for a simple need. I can't ensure it will work without a high end hardware
Pinging is not everything some protocols only work on the same sub net or LAN
Creating a VLAN sounds good to me. Spark app should be installed on a computer with an IP leased on the right LAN.
Buy a managed switch 4 ports (or more) and connect it on a dedicated LAN (VLAN) port on your FortiWifi 30E.
If your Iphone is connected to 192.168.3.1 or 192.168.5.1 it can't work... your Iphone's IP must be using this IP range 192.168.11.x
Please excuse my poor reputation
(26-Oct-2018, 19:40)AudioMan Wrote:
(26-Oct-2018, 14:19)daibaron Wrote: Hi,

Connect it via Ethernet.
WiFi is your very last option
No Bluetooth. This is isn't secured and be aware no password is needed to connect a Phantom.
My thinking as well! Thanks for the confirmation. 
Funny thing now is, I can't get one of the Phantoms to connect via Bluetooth... 
(26-Oct-2018, 14:42)Donny Wrote: Hello. My system is set exactly the way it is in your diagram. However, you can replace your router/modem+internet with internet from your mobile hotspot+laptop (the laptop is linked to hotspot and is bridged in the settings to output the mobile internet via its Ethernet port).
This way you have alternative source of internet/router without the original router. It should work. If it doesn't, then maybe the fault is not with the original router.

I have tried this method a few times.

Rgds
Okay, great. We will try that out. Thanks!
Did you manage to try this setup?
I suggest simply to connect using the powerlines, PLC, which are already there. 
Just keep them on the same wire group
It works perfectly for me and makes for a nice simple clean installation, also visually. 
More than one cable coming out of the back of a Phantom, spoils the picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2 Silver Phantoms, 2 Reactor 600, 2 remotes, Dialog, Geckos, located in Denmark
Things have been extremely busy since the opening of the store but I wanted to let everyone know we got everything working for the most part over the ethernet runs. However, we're experiencing consistent disconnects where the music suddenly stops. I am using Spotify connect to control my playlist. When I notice the music stops, I open Spotify and find that it has disconnected from the device and will no longer see it until I open the Spark app. Once I successfully open the Spark app, Spotify can the recognize/find my device which I then reconnect and play for however long it will let me before suddenly stopping again. At that point, I have to go through this whole process again while my guests are subject to a sub-par stop and go music experience. The Dialog is on its own separate network (not exactly sure how my IT guy configured it), all I know is I have my Primary network, a Guest network, and a Devailet network which the dialog is on. I'm not sure where the problem lies as my other networks seem to be fine consistently supporting my POS, computers, etc. I have performed a couple reboots (unplug for 10 sec and plug back in) on the Dialog which seem to help temporarily. Any ideas??

Mounted and ready:
http://gdurl.com/BJuH
From what I've read, f.ex https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcome...-p/4473533 (and experience myself... have two golds + dialog), it seem more likely to be a problem with Spotify than with the Phantoms.

If it is the SpotifyConnect version on the phantoms/dialog or if it is on the Spotify servers side (or both...) I have no idea, I find it very annoying as well =(