Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Phathom+turnable+sonos
Hey thank you for the reply
Puffin audio seems good but little out of my budget. So that’s why thinking of either going with Pro-Ject digital or a used Sonos connect. Was confused which one to go for
My experiences using a Sonos Connect as an input resulted in very poor sound quality. Maybe I was just unlucky.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(21-Aug-2020, 18:39)Zappydev Wrote: My experiences using a Sonos Connect as an input resulted in very poor sound quality. Maybe I was just unlucky.

So what did u finally ended up using ? How did u connect the turntable to the phantom ?
(21-Aug-2020, 18:39)Zappydev Wrote: My experiences using a Sonos Connect as an input resulted in very poor sound quality. Maybe I was just unlucky.

So what did u finally ended up using ? How did u connect the turntable to the phantom ?
I still have not implemented a solution. I’m a big Sonos fan, but the quality of their A/D seems far below the rest of their usual performance. Maybe my Connect was faulty; I only tried one.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(21-Aug-2020, 15:50)eladeb Wrote: Hi @bluestar
I followed @ragwo  and ordered the puffin audio.
And after a long (long) searches ordered the Fluance r85 turnable.
So i cant comment on the Sonos but as you can see from the article i shared above seems like its a great combination.

Thr puffin preamp seems like an amazing choice in about 500$.
Congratulations!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
ZappydevI still have not implemented a solution. I’m a big Sonos fan, but the quality of their A/D seems far below the rest of their usual performance. Maybe my Connect was faulty; I only tried one.

does Sonos OS provide any additional advantage in comparison to phantom dos2
ZappydevI still have not implemented a solution. I’m a big Sonos fan, but the quality of their A/D seems far below the rest of their usual performance. Maybe my Connect was faulty; I only tried one.

does Sonos OS provide any additional advantage in comparison to phantom dos2
trying to figure out what affect on audio(with the puffin) the coxial to spdif converter have.if any?
And if anyone tried this coxial to spdif converter?

https://www.amazon.com/ROOFULL-Optical-D...2C5GT?th=1
(25-Aug-2020, 13:49)eladeb Wrote: trying to figure out what affect on audio(with the puffin) the coxial to spdif converter have.if any?
And if anyone tried this coxial to spdif converter?

https://www.amazon.com/ROOFULL-Optical-D...2C5GT?th=1

Haven't tried that converter but as I wrote earlier, I can recommend the Cypress DTC-2.
http://en.cypress.com.tw/store/catalog/a...-Converter
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage