Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plex, UPnP, DOS2, and Phantom
I’m trying to compare the different protocols available in DOS2 and can’t seem to find clear instructions on how UPnP should work in my system.

I found this: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...my-Phantom-

I have Plex, which should cover the Server side, and the Phantom is the renderer. I assumed that the Plex App would also cover the role of the remote app, but I don’t see the Phantom as an option amidst the airplay and chromecast devices under the list of places I should be able to “fling” content to. 

Is this a configuration issue in Plex, or do I need another app in the middle to play the role of the remote control?
Use a UPnP controller App such as BubbleUpnp, Hi-fi Cast, both Android or mconnect (iOS) to select the renderer (Phantom) and the library (Plex).
Is UPNP still at Beta stage in DOS2?
(15-Nov-2019, 19:56)superstock Wrote: Is UPNP still at Beta stage in DOS2?
Why does it matter whether it is beta or not?  I have been using DOS1 beta UPnP with no issues.
DOS1 remained beta until the end even though I in practice I didn't experience any problems with it but there were other options available.

With DOS2 l hope Devialet can confidently pin their flag to the mast with UPNP as it is now the only HiFi option left apart from downgrading to Apple Play or Bluetooth.

I also have no firm problems with UPNP, but wonder if Devialet themselves now stand behind it and release it as a non beta offering.