Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power cord extension
Hi guys
This is a little off topic, but maybe you can help me.
I have a power cord (shunyata anaconda alpha to an hydra 8) that I am very happy with. But I will reposition the rack in the room and I will need an extension of about 2 m.
Any ideas where I can get one?
Thanks
JPias

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
farad super 3 (12v, sr orange fuse, furutech rodium ac inlet) -> daphile / diy streamer -> audioquest cinnamon toslink -> denafrips gaia -> transparent reference aes/ebu -> devialet 250pro ci -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8.

solid tech hybrid rack, shunyata hydra 8, shunyata anaconda helix alpha, shunyata python helix vx, dc cable farad level 2, isoacoustics orea bronze, ansuz darkz d2t.
(04-Jan-2019, 22:09)jbp Wrote: Hi guys
This is a little off topic, but maybe you can help me.
I have a power cord (shunyata anaconda alpha to an hydra 8) that I am very happy with. But I will reposition the rack in the room and I will need an extension of about 2 m.
Any ideas where I can get one?
Thanks
JPias

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
Unless you spend a lot of money, an extension cable will probably not sound as good as the Shunyata.
Is it possible for you to move your wall outlet to the new position? If you have a suspended floor i.e. floorboards, this will be an easier and much cheaper way of keeping things neat and tidy, whilst retaining sound quality.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
The cables in the wall are by far the most price consciously built cables you will find. Most likely they will be 2.5mmSquared thick. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using a well built 2.5mmSquared extension cord before your Anaconda. If the extension cord would degrade the sound quality, you would have to set up your amp right near your meter box because the cables in your wall are of lesser quality, therefore would degrade the sound quality even more. So go ahead and buy a short but quality extension cord at your local hardware store and enjoy the music.

P.S. It will look like shit. Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.