Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power off Phantom?
My Silver Phantoms and/or Dialog needs to be shut off once in a while, or they start to misbehave. Anyone else on here who feels the same?
I am missing a way to shut them off without having to take the power supply. Have you guys figured out a way to do this?
Have tried the power button but they automatically power back on in a few seconds. I have also noticed that powering on the TV which is connected to the dialog via toslink will cause the Phantoms to switch to that input no matter what I am playing on them already. Maybe it's possible for Devialet to make a power off function in the Spark app?
I have them on 24x7 and no issues. What is this misbehaviour you're referring to?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(26-Aug-2015, 08:25)trashken Wrote: I have them on 24x7 and no issues. What is this misbehaviour you're referring to?

These are some problems I've noticed. Not all at once and no pattern displayed.

Delay (1-2s at worst) between picture and sound (sound coming after picture).
Spark freezes.
Distorting/metallic sounds comes and goes.
Dialog and phantoms get really hot over time.

In any case I would like to be able to turn them off somehow. Pulling the plug does not seem like the right thing to do.
Someone installed a remote switch between the Phantoms and the power source. Perhaps you could look into that.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(26-Aug-2015, 10:19)trashken Wrote: Someone installed a remote switch between the Phantoms and the power source. Perhaps you could look into that.

I know. I read that on the forum here earlier, but that would be the same as unplugging them no?
I would rather have a real stand-by function which keeps any cache memory and gives the Phantom a soft shut down prosedure.
Hope you understand what I mean by this.
Yes, it would be the same as unplugging the Phantoms. It would be nice with a proper standby function, but as long as Devialet doesn't provide one the unplugging option is the only one.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Mine's on 24/7 - no sign of misbehaving.

Any signal on the optical input will over-ride the wifi. That's what they do, leave your TV off until you want it.
(26-Aug-2015, 15:25)nigelb001 Wrote: Mine's on 24/7 - no sign of misbehaving.

Any signal on the optical input will over-ride the wifi. That's what they do, leave your TV off until you want it.

I understand that, but sometimes I just want to turn the TV on without using the Phantoms. Phantom are a high-end lifestyle product designed to make your music listening life easier without losing sound quality. That will also require easy ways to power them on and off and an easy way to change input and volume without having to launch Spark all the time.

I believe that a remote control would help, but the one they will be launching soon can only change the volume? Is that correct?
I have had mine powering on & off by remote control mains socket once a day for 5 months, with no ill effects.
The worst part about it, is that Phantoms always return to default volume '10' on power-up. Not sure if that's the Dialog or Phantom feature though... because my whole HiFi rack is also automatically turned off at 2am every night.

They'd better not release the Phantom Remote with ONLY volume control!!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(27-Aug-2015, 12:40)JohnnySix Wrote: I have had mine powering on & off by remote control mains socket once a day for 5 months, with no ill effects.
The worst part about it, is that Phantoms always return to default volume '10' on power-up. Not sure if that's the Dialog or Phantom feature though... because my whole HiFi rack is also automatically turned off at 2am every night.

They'd better not release the Phantom Remote with ONLY volume control!!

Do you remote control Dialog, too? Does it save the added playlists after power off/on? I think I read that Dialog saves the playlists...

It'd be not so cool to have to create the same playlists over and over again, each time I power them on. You know, in case that I just want to listen in random mode.

Thanks.