Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-amp outputs not working, D400
(11-Dec-2017, 11:46)frenek Wrote:
(11-Dec-2017, 03:15)Axel Wrote: It was enabled all the time, just switch the headphone amp on, mute the speakers and away you go.

Ok, that is fine , than I can still use the tone-button to control tone, what I prefer

Yes, exactly. I didn’t want to lose any remote functionality either.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
New info, if you press source button 2 seconds you can control the sound and can keep pre on/off on tone button
(17-Dec-2017, 20:52)frenek Wrote: New info, if you press source button 2 seconds you can control the sound and can keep pre on/off on tone button
Thanks, I’ll give it a try.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(17-Dec-2017, 20:52)frenek Wrote: New info, if you press source button 2 seconds you can control the sound and can keep pre on/off on tone button

Sorry, could you please explain this in more detail?
South Coast England
I decided to load a Companion Configuration file that was my last known good one for pre-out function, which I used before the CI upgrade and it works perfectly. It *should* work, worth a try anyway.  So if anyone is using a two amp setup, wants to use pre-outs from the Companion and would like a copy, drop me a PM.
Edit: The only hiccup may be the SAM profile, but you might be able to edit the file with the Configurator to suit.
South Coast England
(18-Dec-2017, 12:44)Axel Wrote:

Hmmmm.......which details should I give. It works at described.

In the config for the remote I selected pre on/off on the tone button, I did nothing else with remote config.

If I press the source button 2 seconds I can control the tone on this button.

Sorry there are no more details for remote config.
(18-Dec-2017, 15:23)frenek Wrote:
(18-Dec-2017, 12:44)Axel Wrote:

Hmmmm.......which details should I give. It works at described.

In the config for the remote I selected pre on/off on the tone button, I did nothing else with remote config.

If I press the source button 2 seconds I can control the tone on this button.

Sorry there are no more details for remote config.
If you press the source button for two seconds, it shows the type of the incoming signal. I don’t understand how you can control the tone from here. There is nothing to be gained from turning the pre-outs on and off. It can be left on all the time.
South Coast England
This subject of having the pre-outs defeatable is getting under my skin. Why would anyone need to do this? Is it detrimental to the SQ of the amp to have them on all the time? If you were using them to feed another power amp, as a record out or, as in my case to feed a headphone amp, why the need to turn them off in software? There are many amps on the market with pre amp. outs and I bet few of them are defeatable. If you don’t need them, don’t use them.
South Coast England
I seem to be having a similar problem with the pre out.
Ever since the CI upgrade, the Pre out-that I use to drive my subwoofer- is always off by default at start up. Despite being set as active in the configurator. As a workaround, I have programmed the "tone" button on the remote to "sub" (also works with programming the tone button to "Bass") so I can easily turn on the pre out- but would really like the Pre out to just stay active- as it is is set up with the configurator. Waiting to hear back from DeVialet (two weeks now). Any body have any solutions?
(22-Dec-2017, 01:14)aftonomos Wrote: I seem to be having a similar problem with the pre out.  
Ever since the CI upgrade,  the Pre out-that I use to drive my subwoofer- is always off by default at start up.  Despite being set as active in the configurator.  As a workaround,  I have programmed the "tone" button on the remote to "sub" (also works with programming the tone button to "Bass") so I can easily turn on the pre out- but would really like the Pre  out to just stay active- as it is is set up with the configurator.  Waiting to hear back from DeVialet (two weeks now).  Any body have any solutions?

What amps are you using? If you’ve got dual mono’s and are using pre-outs on the slave, I have a configuration that will work.
South Coast England