Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-out to a Poweramp
Expert Pro 220 CI

Leaving aside why I might want to do this...has anyone gone from pre-out to a poweramp? I tried it and it worked but... I configured so the speakers were off and the and pre-out was enabled. The question is...why is the amp case as hot when the speakers were off as when they were on? Should I have turned the power output down to 30 watts in the speaker configuration panel?

Just wondering.

Cheers
Roon Rock, NUC7i5BNH, Expert Pro 220 CI, Thorens TD124/ESL1000/SPU, Mitchell Orbe/SME V/Shelter 901, RP3/DigiOne, Tannoy Prestige GR Stirling,
Some cables, Auralic Minis and etc.
                                    Toronto 

(26-Oct-2018, 15:59)rondark Wrote: Expert Pro 220 CI

Leaving aside why I might want to do this...has anyone gone from pre-out to a poweramp? I tried it and it worked but... I configured so the speakers were off and the and pre-out was enabled. The question is...why is the amp case as hot when the speakers were off as when they were on? Should I have turned the power output down to 30 watts in the speaker configuration panel?

Just wondering.

Cheers

rondarc

I am doing the same at the moment, using my 220PRO CI as a preamp feeding a 75 w tube amp.

I checked the temps of the Devialet after it had been on for 2 hrs.

Amp A 33
Amp D 30
Supply 38

Hope this helps Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Its summer here and the indoor temperature has risen to 23 deg. The amp is always very warm, on or off. Now it is 7 deg hotter than usual. Being a very dry summer and a well-insulated house, we don't need an aircon
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
(27-Oct-2018, 12:15)BrianT Wrote:
(26-Oct-2018, 15:59)rondark Wrote: Expert Pro 220 CI

Just wondering.

Cheers

rondarc

I am doing the same at the moment, using my 220PRO CI as a preamp feeding a 75 w tube amp.

I checked the temps of the Devialet after it had been on for 2 hrs.

Amp A 33
Amp D 30
Supply 38

Hope this helps Brian

Thanks Brian. I was curious about anyone else's experience. I am driving a tube amp as well.

Cheers
Roon Rock, NUC7i5BNH, Expert Pro 220 CI, Thorens TD124/ESL1000/SPU, Mitchell Orbe/SME V/Shelter 901, RP3/DigiOne, Tannoy Prestige GR Stirling,
Some cables, Auralic Minis and etc.
                                    Toronto