Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro 1000 (master only) as power amplifier
(05-Jun-2018, 15:37)afrancois Wrote: OK, learning as we go. In the Devialet you can also configure crossovers for subwoofers. http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/deviale...crossover/

Not sure if this will help, but I previously asked some questions in the below thread link for hooking up my Paradigm Sub1 to my 1000Pro (I have 2 x 250Pro's). May contain some info that helps.

Hook up my Sub
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(05-Jun-2018, 16:05)thumb5 Wrote: That would be the Devialet-style way to do it, for sure.  As you've found the link to the Configurator, you'll have seen some other capabilities that are useful for subwoofer integration, including the ability to add delays to compensate for different path lengths (from mains and subs to the listener).

Lyngdorf also provides these capabilities. Integration with a subwoofer is not accurate without this.
(05-Jun-2018, 11:42)afrancois Wrote: I found out shortly after I had posted the message, that the master of the 1000 Pro is, in fact, a D250 Pro. So yes, the buyer gave somewhat misleading information. However, he talks about a D250 Infinity core. This probably his way of saying it's a D250 Pro. I also wondered why he's only selling the master. I still haven't contacted the seller to have an explanation. You're right that some of the rather exceptional specifications of the Devialet will be irrelevant because of the slightly lesser specifications of my Lyngdorf pre-amp. This pre-amp, however, has been upgraded. The master clock, for example, has been replaced by a Pulsar clock which is fed by a separate super capacitor supply. RoomPerfect is a must for me because I'm using two subwoofers. I know for some this is blasphemy, Paul Mcgowan disagrees and so do I. I've heard the Devialet at some shows and I was always pleasantly surprised. This is why I'm interested.

Are you sure the seller actually has the Devialet? If he doesn't even know what it's named and calls it 1000Pro Master Infinity Core, rather than 250Pro Core Infinity as it's meant to be, I would be very cautious.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
The labelling on the box Devialet returned my 250 in after CI upgrade said 1000 Pro CI Master, not 250. This may be the the reason for the misunderstanding. The seller will probably clear this up if you contact him.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(06-Jun-2018, 09:06)ogs Wrote: The labelling on the box Devialet returned my 250 in after CI upgrade said 1000 Pro CI Master, not 250. This may be the the reason for the misunderstanding. The seller will probably clear this up if you contact him.

LOL! It's Devialet who don't know what it is!  Tongue That makes sense...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.