Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro 1000 (master only) as power amplifier
Hello, this is my first post. Until now I've been reading the devialet chat from the sideline. I'm still not very familiar with the product line. With all the upgrades it's somewhat confusing.

I have the opportunity the buy a second hand expert pro 1000. Only the master, though. (Expert Pro 1000 D250 infinity core)

I imagine I can use the master in stereo mode? I intend to use this master as power amplifier behind my Lyngdorf pre-amplifier. Now I'm using the Lyngdorf SDA-2400.

Don't know if someone has heard the SDA-2400 back to back with a Devialet? Both are very well respected (digital) amplifiers, but in a different price category. Question is, is the Devialet worth the extra money compared to the SDA-2400?

Reason why I would only use the 1000 as a power amplifier is because I want to continue using RoomPerfect. 

Kr,
Alain
I have experience with Lyngdorf and Devialet 1000 Pro. I would suggest to use Lyngdorf or Devialet. But I don't see any problem to mix those. If you feed the signal from Lyngdorf to Devialet digitally I believe you can get good results.
(04-Jun-2018, 14:53)afrancois Wrote: Hello, this is my first post. Until now I've been reading the devialet chat from the sideline. I'm still not very familiar with the product line. With all the upgrades it's somewhat confusing.

I have the opportunity the buy a second hand expert pro 1000. Only the master, though. (Expert Pro 1000 D250 infinity core)

I imagine I can use the master in stereo mode? I intend to use this master as power amplifier behind my Lyngdorf pre-amplifier. Now I'm using the Lyngdorf SDA-2400.

Don't know if someone has heard the SDA-2400 back to back with a Devialet? Both are very well respected (digital) amplifiers, but in a different price category. Question is, is the Devialet worth the extra money compared to the SDA-2400?

Reason why I would only use the 1000 as a power amplifier is because I want to continue using RoomPerfect. 

Kr,
Alain

If you're just buying the master then its a 250 Pro, and is only used in stereo mode.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

If someone is trying to sell you a 1000Pro Master only I would seriously want to have a listen to it and use the remote control before buying. If they don't know the difference between 250 Pro (the Master of the 1000Pro) and a 1000Pro itself I wouldn't be surprised they're selling a Companion, which is useless on its own.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Pim and HiFiSWL make an important point; there is no such thing as the 'master only' part of a 1000 Pro; it is a 250 Pro, and that alone should not be represented as a 1000, except that it can, with the addition of a second D250, become a D1000 Pro.

And while Lyngdorf may make some fine amplifiers, I do not believe they are in the same sonic league as Devialet. The D250 Pro is a very fine amp, and if you decide to go that route, I believe it will be better on its own than when paired with the Lyngdorf. I understand, however, your interest in the RoomPerfect software, and that may mean the Devialet is not a good solution for you.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Hi Afrancois, If you have a Lyngdorf DPA-1 as a pre-amplifier with your SDA-2400, then you can use DPA-1 in full range mode with 250 Pro. It has a digital out (coax) interface. Connect that digi out to Devialets digi input, and you can enjoy full set of 250 Pro's features.
Other solutions:
- Lyngdorf has a new product: http://lyngdorf.com/tdai-3400/
- Roon room correction & Devialet: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-guide...roon/23800
I found out shortly after I had posted the message, that the master of the 1000 Pro is, in fact, a D250 Pro. So yes, the buyer gave somewhat misleading information. However, he talks about a D250 Infinity core. This probably his way of saying it's a D250 Pro. I also wondered why he's only selling the master. I still haven't contacted the seller to have an explanation. You're right that some of the rather exceptional specifications of the Devialet will be irrelevant because of the slightly lesser specifications of my Lyngdorf pre-amp. This pre-amp, however, has been upgraded. The master clock, for example, has been replaced by a Pulsar clock which is fed by a separate super capacitor supply. RoomPerfect is a must for me because I'm using two subwoofers. I know for some this is blasphemy, Paul Mcgowan disagrees and so do I. I've heard the Devialet at some shows and I was always pleasantly surprised. This is why I'm interested.
(05-Jun-2018, 11:29)RayMo Wrote: Hi Afrancois, If you have a Lyngdorf DPA-1 as a pre-amplifier with your SDA-2400, then you can use DPA-1 in full range mode with 250 Pro. It has a digital out (coax) interface. Connect that digi out to Devialets digi input, and you can enjoy full set of 250 Pro's features.
Other solutions:
- Lyngdorf has a new product: http://lyngdorf.com/tdai-3400/
- Roon room correction & Devialet: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-guide...roon/23800

Thought about that, but I need to connect my subwoofers to the DPA-1. The cross-over frequency between the subwoofers and the main speakers are also set in the DPA-1.
Don't know if it's possible to have 3 signals coming into the Devialet. One digital for my main speakers, one analog for the left subwoofer and one analog for the right subwoofer. If this would be the case I could use the Devialet to set the output volume, if not only the DPA-1 can. I know that the Devialet is highly configurable. This would be very neat..
OK, learning as we go. In the Devialet you can also configure crossovers for subwoofers. http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/deviale...crossover/
Now it's becoming really interesting, this would mean I no longer need the analog outputs on my DPA-1 and feed the full digital signal to the Devialet and configure the subwoofers there. I don't know how RoomPerfect would react in this case, because it's no longer aware of the subwoofer's presence.
That would be the Devialet-style way to do it, for sure. As you've found the link to the Configurator, you'll have seen some other capabilities that are useful for subwoofer integration, including the ability to add delays to compensate for different path lengths (from mains and subs to the listener).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK