Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Upgrade program ending
Just got this from our dear Judith...

All good things must come to an end.  

The Expert Pro upgrade is is a major hardware and software Upgrade pushing the boundaries of audiophile pleasure, improving performance at all power levels.
  • New motherboard with all Devialet key-technology components.

• New Class-A amp.

• New Magic Wire (Digital-Analog conversion).

• New power supply.

• New Class-D amp.

• New architecture, Devialet OS ready.

• New firmware.

• New Devialet OS board, which will be offered to you for free as soon as it is this year.

On 15th May 2017, the Expert Pro Upgrade will come to an end. 
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I got the same message and since I have not upgraded yet, to all of you who have done it already: to upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question. Huh
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
I got the email too, and I have a 5 months old 1000 Pro. I'm not quite sure what Judith is expecting me to upgrade to? At least she has advised that the streamer board will be offered as soon as it is this year. It's nice to finally get the timing of this confirmed.

It also makes me wonder about the O'dA, I had assumed that the upgrade program would continue until they too had been given the Pro treatment. It looks now like they will need to pause and restart the program for the last 100 O'dA upgrades.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Same here. I upgraded to Pro just before new year. I still got the mail from Judith. By the way - has any one actually spoken to Judith? Or is she a "Phantom"? Interesting to see that inclusion of the free streamer board has been extended from December 31st to May 15th. Looking forward to see if Devialet still does upgrades in the autumn...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Don't believe their lies, not again... The D-Premier program supposedly ended July 15th 2014, yet you can still upgrade it today.

They even used the same 'tag line' like back then. See: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=102
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(18-Apr-2017, 21:26)Antoine Wrote: Don't believe their lies, not again... The D-Premier program supposedly ended July 15th 2014, yet you can still upgrade it today.

They even used the same 'tag line' like back then. See: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=102

Was it not supposed to end in late December 2016 from the begining?

Perhaps this is a way of geting more to do the upgrade by sending out this message and get in the extra cash....
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(18-Apr-2017, 21:37)octaviars Wrote:
(18-Apr-2017, 21:26)Antoine Wrote: Don't believe their lies, not again... The D-Premier program supposedly ended July 15th 2014, yet you can still upgrade it today.

Was it not supposed to end in late December 2016 from the begining?

Perhaps this is a way of geting more to do the upgrade by sending out this message and get in the extra cash....

Of course it is.  The dip in Devialet Expert interest has finally made it back to the mother ship.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

The only other component I ever owned that had an upgrade path was a PS Audio PWD Mk2 DAC, and it cost £2,500 to upgrade to a DSD version. The network bridge was an extra £800. I did not purchase either, in fact sold the DAC and replaced it with a DSD DAC that cost me £650.

So, all things considered, the £3,000 I paid to upgrade at the same time as buying a Le 250 ex-demo was worth it for performance and seemed like a pretty good deal at the time. Compared to PS Audio, which cost more to upgrade a DAC than an entire Devialet system, it was a bargain.

As long as OS works properly and Devialet develop some decent control software, I'm a happy bunny, and so are my family who finally appreciate an audio system. The sound quality and ease of use continues to surprise me. The aesthetics don't play much of a part as my unit is in a cupboard and I rarely see it from one week to the next.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(18-Apr-2017, 20:59)Confused Wrote: I got the email too, and I have a 5 months old 1000 Pro.  I'm not quite sure what Judith is expecting me to upgrade to?  At least she has advised that the streamer board will be offered as soon as it is this year.  It's nice to finally get the timing of this confirmed.

Which has kind of made them 4 months late - they should have left it as it was Smile

(I also got the mail. Maybe they're thinking some of us might go for it again just for fun?! More likely its so we can goad our friends and DC members into it. Better be quick blair.!!)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

could any one share their true experience of upgrading from 200 to 220pro. is there a significant audible difference after upgrading? I understand they are replacing quite a bit of hardware. Do you need to fall into the upgrade trap or enjoy the 200 as is?I don't know which side to jump!!!! As it is I lost 50% value on the D-200 bought 8 months ago. The new 220pro is $14,900CAD I have seen upgraded 220 pro for $8000 CAD on sale. Thinking to save the money and invest on something else.