Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Problems with Air 3
OK, it could be because I'm using AIR-WIFI connection. My Mac is connected wired to a switch, but because I have another RoonBridge/AIR2.1.3/Win8.1 dedicated for AIR-ETH, I was using AIR-WIFI for AIR3.0b. I will try unplugging AIR2.1.3 connection and use AIR-ETH for AIR3.0b and see if it is better. I think I have tried that before and after awhile, it crackles. I will give it another try and see how it fares.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(07-Jun-2016, 15:46)baddog Wrote:
[ attachment =1205 Wrote:Jnan_devi pid='42548' dateline='1465286456']
(01-Jun-2016, 04:23)baddog Wrote: If you run CCleaner you can also see what your system has for STARTUP items. I removed everything in there except for RoonServer and AIR3.

Not that I have issues but how do you remove apps from opening during cold wake up of MacBook? Each time I start MacBook Outlook starts and few other apss starts. Not that I have issues I simply close them and start Roon-ing, however it would be good if i can turn those apps OFF during power-on.

If you launch CCleaner and select Tools->Startup it will show you all the items/tasks that start when you cold boot your Mac.

You can choose either disable or uninstall these items. 

I have attached a screenshot example.

Hi baddog, i m using mackeeper for my macbook pro and i don t have the option of disabling some apps during start up, did ccleaner is free? Is it better than mackeeper? Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking very promising now that I have followed the instructions on uninstalling AIR3, clean up the Mac Mini thoroughly, reboot, re-install AIR3 and now have been playing non-stop for more than 4 hours, with all kinds of bitrates up to 24/192 & DSD64 with no hiccups at all.

Of course, I have to use AIR-ETH instead of AIR-WIFI.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(08-Jun-2016, 11:55)samsoum Wrote:

Not that I have issues but how do you remove apps from opening during cold wake up of MacBook? Each time I start MacBook Outlook starts and few other apss starts. Not that I have issues I simply close them and start Roon-ing, however it would be good if i can turn those apps OFF during power-on.

If you launch CCleaner and select Tools->Startup it will show you all the items/tasks that start when you cold boot your Mac.

Hi baddog, i m using mackeeper for my macbook pro and i don t have the option of disabling some apps during start up, did ccleaner is free? Is it better than mackeeper? Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I have not used Mackeeper, however I am using the free version of CCleaner which does provide the option of disabling startup applications.

CCleaner
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(08-Jun-2016, 11:55)samsoum Wrote:

Screen shot missing. I dont have CCleaner ( could not find this app on app store too). Other ideas ?

@hk good that now its all working fine for you Smile
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"

Here is where you can find CCleaner:

CCleaner
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Achieved removing the start up app through System Preferences ->User & Groups -> choose "Login" (enter passwords etc on the unlock icon at the bottom left) and then from the list we can enable/disable/delete as needed.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(08-Jun-2016, 16:36)Jnan_devi Wrote: Achieved removing the start up app through System Preferences ->User & Groups -> choose "Login" (enter passwords etc on the unlock icon at the bottom left) and then from the list we can enable/disable/delete as needed.

That works too, however it is not as thorough as using CCleaner. CCleaner  will actually show and allow one to delete/disable additional startup items you will not see in System Preferences.

For example, if I go into System Preferences .... I see no startup items, using CCleaner shows three.
SXSW, US
I'm a fairly new Devialet user and even more so AIR user. I have been reading some of the posts here about AIR and all the problems and I can't get the AIR 3 to work over WiFi. On the other hand, I can stream Netflix full HD material (don't have a 4k Netflix subscription) or YouTube 4k material over my WiFi to my 4k TV, sitting further away from my router than my Devialet, but not even the lower bitrate settings will stream properly over WiFi to my Devialet. At first I was confused, then I thought about it for a second...I haven't opened up my D200s or anything, but aren't they mostly made up of metal (guessing aluminium with chemical nickel plating on the top side)? That's a perfect way to make an RF shield, so no high frequency signals can penetrate. With no external antenna, I'm not surprised at all that the only way to make AIR over WiFi to work, is with an Apple Airport Express sitting 1-2 meters away from the Devialet, with direct line of sight. Perhaps they should consider offering an external antenna setup, for users who'd like to actually use the wireless capabilities of their equipment, instead of suggesting that you should buy new WiFi routers and place them ridiculously close to your Devialet!
Ken - a new Devialet fan, located in Sweden  Cool
@KenH - can you try using an ethernet cable from the Airport Express to the Devialet?
SXSW, US