Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with Core Infinity
All digital and analog inputs are working well with 6.2 / 11.4.2. / 2.0.1.4. Air and UPNP only works with the new firmware coming soon.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(26-Nov-2017, 21:10)markush Wrote: There should be a new version available tomorrow - which might already be beta. Don't know though when Devialet will start to roll out software /firmware updates as they have their standards for stability.

Markhus

That’s really professional by Devialet, take someones Pro that’s working perfectly fine, upgrade it with the new CI board, but don’t have robust software in place that makes Wi-Fi / Ethernet connections to the upgraded Pro unusable.

Another outstanding piece of business by Devialet (not) [Image: -1.png?v=5]
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(27-Nov-2017, 16:29)Celts88 Wrote:
(26-Nov-2017, 21:10)markush Wrote: There should be a new version available tomorrow - which might already be beta. Don't know though when Devialet will start to roll out software /firmware updates as they have their standards for stability.

Markhus

That’s really professional by Devialet, take someones Pro that’s working perfectly fine, upgrade it with the new CI board, but don’t have robust software in place that makes Wi-Fi / Ethernet connections to the upgraded Pro unusable.

Another outstanding piece of business by Devialet (not) [Image: -1.png?v=5]
I don't thing anyone who has been here for a while is remotely surprised at this, but I share the pain of the early adopters. I hope it gets resolved soon. I can hear Hifi_Swlon chortling from here SmileSmile
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
A service rep from Devialet just phoned me. They did install the streaming boards before the software was ready, She said they will release a new configurator which should solve the problem. No time given, but my guess is it will be within weeks, not months. But I agree with Celts88, why install an upgrade that renders your amp unusable for its main functions?
I would ask them to ship you an old style loan amp that works until they fix it. They have really messed up here
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(27-Nov-2017, 18:52)django54 Wrote: A service rep from Devialet just phoned me. They did install the streaming boards before the software was ready, She said they will release a new configurator which should solve the problem. No time given, but my guess is it will be within weeks, not months. But I agree with Celts88, why install an upgrade that renders your amp unusable for its main functions?

Unbelievable, my amps arrived today in France, so fingers crossed for the both of us
Let's get real here.

From my discussion with D, along with some stuff they've posted, their plan is for plenty of people to have their units back with the new board and remote software in time for the release of the new streaming software and app around mid December.
So people with it before that date are probably best sticking with USB or AES for the couple of weeks inbetween.
If they had it all ready mid December and then did the recall and installations, it would run over Christmas and probably cause havoc.
This way, lots of people will have units back that hopefully work and well before Christmas.

That's my theory, but I may be wrong. I will still be using usb most of the time until the Qobuz app is onboard, may be a month or two yet.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
What about phono in their current prerelease status?
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(28-Nov-2017, 17:43)ssfas Wrote: Let's get real here.

From my discussion with D, along with some stuff they've posted, their plan is for plenty of people to have their units back with the new board and remote software in time for the release of the new streaming software and app around mid December.
So people with it before that date are probably best sticking with USB or AES for the couple of weeks inbetween.
If they had it all ready mid December and then did the recall and installations, it would run over Christmas and probably cause havoc.
This way, lots of people will have units back that hopefully work and well before Christmas.

That's my theory, but I may be wrong. I will still be using usb most of the time until the Qobuz app is onboard, may be a month or two yet.

Thanks for your statement of reason in this thread.    :-))
(28-Nov-2017, 21:19)Mohmm Wrote:
(28-Nov-2017, 17:43)ssfas Wrote: Let's get real here.

Thanks for your statement of reason in this thread.    :-))

People are receiving back their upgraded Pro's and the functions are less than when they sent them (no working Wi-Fi or Etherent) and you think that's reasonable.

What would have been reasonable was for Devialet to not start the upgrades until they had a robust software version that as a minimum allows the upgraded Pro's to work with features at least the same as before or better.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)